Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corporate America gang tagging everything.
Corporate America gang tagging everything.
Bad enough these fuckers name fields and stadiums after them, but mother fucker, can you at least leave your fucking greedy logo's off the fucking field.

I cant even enjoy the Buckeye, Badger championship game because of a FUCKING CORPORATE ADD on the fucking field.
RE: Corporate America gang tagging everything.
Would you rather be taxed to pay for the stadium?

Thank you corporate America.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I'd rather the motherfuckers stop wasting school funds on fucking football.
(December 2, 2017 at 10:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'd rather the motherfuckers stop wasting school funds on fucking football.

Woo Hoo! New rackets and balls for the tennis team. 

Thank you Min.
(December 2, 2017 at 9:31 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Bad enough these fuckers name fields and stadiums after them, but mother fucker, can you at least leave your fucking greedy logo's off the fucking field.

I cant even enjoy the Buckeye, Badger championship game because of a FUCKING CORPORATE ADD on the fucking field.

Professional sports are entertainment. (I don't indulge, BTW, or consider it actually entertaining). How can you complain about the advertising? Those advertisers own the teams, unless they are high school or college.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(December 2, 2017 at 10:44 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Would you rather be taxed to pay for the stadium?

Oh bullshit, that is just fucking blackmail. They get rich enough with all the name recognitions by the announcers, they have plenty of adds throughout the rest of those stadiums, they don't need to be putting adds on the field.

(December 3, 2017 at 12:04 am)Fireball Wrote:
(December 2, 2017 at 9:31 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Bad enough these fuckers name fields and stadiums after them, but mother fucker, can you at least leave your fucking greedy logo's off the fucking field.

Professional sports are entertainment. (I don't indulge, BTW, or consider it actually entertaining). How can you complain about the advertising? Those advertisers own the teams, unless they are high school or college.
I don't care who owns the damned stadium. This was a college game first off. It was in Lucas Oil Stadium which is not owned by the company, but the company pays the NFL for naming rights, it is nothing but add space, but so the what. The "Discover" credit card co, had not one, not two but 3 fucking logos on the field. They would not go broke if they didn't do that, that is all I am saying. 
I can remember when stadiums had non corporation names, they were rich back then too. Candlestick park, JFK stadium........ I get that businesses want to make money, fine, but some of this shit goes way too far. You have sports announcers, and you have add time, you DONT need to tattoo the fucking field.

(December 2, 2017 at 10:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'd rather the motherfuckers stop wasting school funds on fucking football.

Sports existing isn't my problem, it is corporate greed and how they have to piss on everything. This shit bothers me just like it would bother someone if  vacuum cleaner salesman busted down your door while you're watching a home DVD and stood in front of your TV. 

This shit is why I stopped watching the NHL, I like pro hockey, but I stopped watching that shit because they put adds under the ice. All I can think is, "Aren't the adds on the boards enough?"

If I wanted to watch a 3 hour infomercial I would. I wanted to focus on the game, not a fucking credit card.
(December 3, 2017 at 8:33 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 2, 2017 at 10:44 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Would you rather be taxed to pay for the stadium?

Oh bullshit, that is just fucking blackmail. They get rich enough with all the name recognitions by the announcers, they have plenty of adds throughout the rest of those stadiums, they don't need to be putting adds on the field.

(December 3, 2017 at 12:04 am)Fireball Wrote: Professional sports are entertainment. (I don't indulge, BTW, or consider it actually entertaining). How can you complain about the advertising? Those advertisers own the teams, unless they are high school or college.
I don't care who owns the damned stadium. This was a college game first off. It was in Lucas Oil Stadium which is not owned by the company, but the company pays the NFL for naming rights, it is nothing but add space, but so the what. The "Discover" credit card co, had not one, not two but 3 fucking logos on the field. They would not go broke if they didn't do that, that is all I am saying. 
I can remember when stadiums had non corporation names, they were rich back then too. Candlestick park, JFK stadium........ I get that businesses want to make money, fine, but some of this shit goes way too far. You have sports announcers, and you have add time, you DONT need to tattoo the fucking field.

Sports existing isn't my problem, it is corporate greed and how they have to piss on everything. This shit bothers me just like it would bother someone if  vacuum cleaner salesman busted down your door while you're watching a home DVD and stood in front of your TV. 

This shit is why I stopped watching the NHL, I like pro hockey, but I stopped watching that shit because they put adds under the ice. All I can think is, "Aren't the adds on the boards enough?"

If I wanted to watch a 3 hour infomercial I would. I wanted to focus on the game, not a fucking credit card.

If you're being so victimized I suggest you stop watching games on television/the net and go watch HS football.
(December 3, 2017 at 9:14 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(December 3, 2017 at 8:33 am)Brian37 Wrote: Oh bullshit, that is just fucking blackmail. They get rich enough with all the name recognitions by the announcers, they have plenty of adds throughout the rest of those stadiums, they don't need to be putting adds on the field.

If you're being so victimized I suggest you stop watching games on television/the net and go watch HS football.

Holy crap. Nobody is playing victim here.

Corporate America are the ones who always claim it is about the consumer, so they should not bitch when we criticize them. The GREED is what I object to, not the private sector.

DO NOT HAND ME ANY CRAP, that if you went to a movie, you'd like it if a corporate add kept popping up in the middle of the movie like a pop up add on your computer.

They wont go broke if they dont do that and to claim they would go broke if they didn't put adds on the field, is ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT.

They pay the media already to say the name by the game announcers, they also already have TV adds too. 

Point is there is no lack of advertising on their part. I am no victim and I have every right to complain. That is part of the free market. Now if you think I am going to stop, well, forget it!
(December 3, 2017 at 9:23 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 3, 2017 at 9:14 am)mh.brewer Wrote: If you're being so victimized I suggest you stop watching games on television/the net and go watch HS football.

Holy crap. Nobody is playing victim here.

Corporate America are the ones who always claim it is about the consumer, so they should not bitch when we criticize them. The GREED is what I object to, not the private sector.

DO NOT HAND ME ANY CRAP, that if you went to a movie, you'd like it if a corporate add kept popping up in the middle of the movie like a pop up add on your computer.

They wont go broke if they dont do that and to claim they would go broke if they didn't put adds on the field, is ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT.

They pay the media already to say the name by the game announcers, they also already have TV adds too. 

Point is there is no lack of advertising on their part. I am no victim and I have every right to complain. That is part of the free market. Now if you think I am going to stop, well, forget it!

Of course you're not going to stop. I don't understand it but you seem to derive some kind of pleasure from being the victim. 

The movie, if an ad popped up enough times to be annoying, yep, I'd leave. Beats throwing a hissy fit that will do no good anyway.
(December 3, 2017 at 9:36 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(December 3, 2017 at 9:23 am)Brian37 Wrote: Holy crap. Nobody is playing victim here.

Of course you're not going to stop. I don't understand it but you seem to derive some kind of pleasure from being the victim. 

The movie, if an ad popped up enough times to be annoying, yep, I'd leave. Beats throwing a hissy fit that will do no good anyway.

Now you are pissing me off. I am not a victim, so fucking knock it off.

The free market allows me to criticize any fucking thing I like. Don't like it? TOUGH SHIT!

You are not going to try to blackmail me with such bullshit slurs. 

The giant corporations are the ones falsely playing victim, not me. 

I don't want to end the private sector. But what they are doing is like riding in the back of the car with your brother or sister and they keep sticking their finger in your face and say, "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you". 

I am not telling them to go way, JUST GIVE IT A FUCKING REST. 

You got something to sell? GREAT, have at it, but sometimes people don't want to be bothered by it. 

If you want to know what I mean, let me fucking knock on your door while you are trying to sleep. SAME FUCKING THING, when I am watching the game, I want to watch the game, just like when you want to sleep you want to sleep. 

Nobody is saying never so knock it off! TIME PLACE AND CONTEXT.

I don't feel like a victim and you will not get away with projecting your own insecurities on me. You don't agree with me, that does not make me a victim.

(December 2, 2017 at 10:58 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:

Woo Hoo! New rackets and balls for the tennis team. 

Thank you Min.

Oh grow up! Even with mom and pop shops, they can make enough money locally and make the donation to the school without asking for anything in return. You talk just like a theist. Dangle something in front of someone so you can use them as a billboard instead of doing the right thing without expectation. It never occurs to the right that you can be profitable without being a dick to get everything you want.

I am sorry someone sold you the BULLSHIT idea that liberals hate the private sector, WE DONT. What we do object to is the attitude that only one class matters and that everyone else is there for their use.

Mr Brewer, "You're a victim".

Seri gibberish translator, " I only like the free market when people agree with me and only when I win."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Criminal Corporate Bastards Minimalist 14 1870 December 17, 2016 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: Joods
  NFL corporate blackmail. OP ED....... Brian37 5 1661 February 26, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist