Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL corporate blackmail. OP ED.......
NFL corporate blackmail. OP ED.......
Why is WalMart finally raising wages? As if 9 dollars an hour is enough, no they figure through just enough crumbs we will continue the cycle of complacency. No they didn't do it out of the kindness of their hearts, unlike say Costco and Moo Cluck Moo, they did it, just like Christianity had to be drug kicking and screaming into the future from its dark ages.

So what does this have to do with the NFL? Same corporate blackmail big oil uses. When workers raise a peep, which is HOW the free market is supposed to work, these rich fucking brats, just like religion, would rather knock over the chess pieces, take the board and game elsewhere because they don't want anyone else having a say.

Which brings me to the NFL. I am just about ready to say fuck them, as much as I love the sport. But on top of the league not paying any taxes, please tell me why time after time after time, they get away with convincing cities to pay for stadiums we tax payers cannot afford.

Just the other day I ran across my FB feed a question posed by the official Washington website asking what the fans would want in a new staduim? HOLY FUCKING CRAP that stadium isn't even that old and they want to build another one?

Now there are talks about CA teams owners who are complaining about their current digs not being enough and may blackmail two cities or move to LA.

FANS SERIOUSLY, you know how fucked ticket prices are, how much a thimble of beer is, and a 10 dollar hot dog the size of a Vienna sausage. Need I also remind them that the NFL has not paid taxes since 1966.

You are being used. Let me clue you in on the NFL, it is socialized, yes socialized. It shares profits between teams to prop up the sucky teams. 32 billionaires share the profits of the merchandise you buy, from hats to shirts to car magnets. They would have you believe that 32 billionaires cant pool their money to fix a current stadium, or build their own with their own money.

Now back to Walmart to close this up. No 9 dollars an hour is not enough unless you are single, living in a cheap rural area AND working 40 hours a week. But the fact WE raised our voices says we do have the power as workers and consumers to drag these fuckers into doing the right thing.

We have to be realistic about corporate America, just like religion, you cannot make the assumption it will do the right thing on its own. FUCK YOU NFL. AND FUCK YOU WALMART. FUCK YOU BIG OIL..............

No not "fuck the private sector", just "FUCK YOU if you think non business owners don't know what we are talking about." If you cannot pay taxes or you cannot pay for something yourself when you ARE A FUCKING BILLIONAIRE, that is a fucking lie. You can, but just like religion, you throw a fucking fit and hold your breath like a petulant child when others tell you you cant always get what you want.

SO to LA and the cities with the teams thinking about moving. You are all being played, just like a child pits one parent against the other. As fans you need to stand up to this bullying. I do not buy the bullshit that 32 billionaires cant scrape up the money to build their own stadiums.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nfl-...tml#page=1
RE: NFL corporate blackmail. OP ED.......
There is a really ignorant psychology the rich suffer from, either ignorantly or some simply don't care. There are rich people who do care, certainly. But far too much of the global rich are disconnected from the rest of the world. You really have to twist your logic to justify income which is clearly way more than anyone could need in an entire lifetime. No one should advocate getting rid of the private sector, as if you could on a planet of 7 billion. But beyond a certain salary especially at the top, you have to be out of your mind to complain or expect the rest of society to pay your way when you don't really need it.
Brian, I don't imagine you tell too many jokes?
(February 26, 2015 at 7:22 am)Hoopington Wrote: Brian, I don't imagine you tell too many jokes?

Huh? Not sure where this comment is coming from. I tell lots of jokes. Being serious about others affecting you doesn't make all of life serious. Care to explain?
Don't watch football, couldn't care less if the NFL went bankrupt, except that it'll probably be deemed one of those "too big to fail" enterprises simply out of national popularity of the sport and get a government bail.

Glad my city doesn't have a pro football team.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
The NHL are merely slightly smaller scale thieves than the NFL but this article on what happened to the city of Glendale which started playing games with these corporate motherfuckers is instructive.

http://thinkprogress.org/sports/2013/06/...tes-arena/

These robber baron fucks actually think they have a right to suck on the public tit whenever they like.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That Unofficial NFL Thread Brian37 158 7611 March 11, 2024 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  How could I miss this rule for 55 years in the NFL? Brian37 14 1630 December 1, 2021 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  CFL VS NFL..... Brian37 28 2784 August 28, 2021 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Anyone watching the NFL draft? Brian37 11 1065 May 2, 2021 at 4:50 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  NFL Pro Bowl Brian37 0 262 January 31, 2021 at 9:39 am
  NFL and Covid....... Cam Newton..... Brian37 2 424 October 3, 2020 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  NFL triva..... Brian37 2 320 September 29, 2020 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  NFL's Tom Dempsey latest victim of virus. Brian37 3 743 April 5, 2020 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Athene
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1003 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Two NFL records broken this weekend. Brian37 0 330 January 20, 2019 at 11:21 pm