Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
Hi
I'm a 29 year old male. I've been atheist my whole life but I converted to Catholicism a year ago (reaaaalllly stupid I know). I'm still recovering from all the damage religion did to me Dodgy . I haven't told my parents I went back to atheism a few weeks ago, because they'd think I'm worshipping the devil lol. But I wonder, how could I have been so stupid? I'm a grown up person!!! Anyway, I just thought I'd stop by and say hi.  Big Grin
RE: Hi
Hello, and welcome!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Welcome.

It's a myth that atheists worship Satan, of course, so your parents have nothing to worry about.

But we DO sacrifice virgins in the name of the Dark One (NOT Satan).

ANd we have a babyque every second Sunday.

Hi, I'm the Valkyrie and I'm SLIGHTLY deranged.
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome. I went to a Catholic high school for a year, so I realize there is kind of a draw to religion. I think some of the catholic imagery, including some church buildings themselves, is really pretty. Plus, people dressed up in their sunday best are fun to peoplewatch.

But, I'm from the Unitarian tradition, mainly.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Hi! Welcome to the forums and WELCOME to the Catholic-turned-atheist club. We are a proud army!
You are now officially in recovery from your former stupidity. Lets hope it sticks. Wink
Welcome Woof!

We are Legion. HAH!

Curious. Was there some motivation for the conversion at that particular time in your life? Did they offer a free toaster or hat or something?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Hola! Welcome! I’m the taco queen around here. Make yourself at home, young one.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Quote:But we DO sacrifice virgins in the name of the Dark One (NOT Satan).

Of course they are tough to find.

Hello.
(December 12, 2017 at 1:39 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:But we DO sacrifice virgins in the name of the Dark One (NOT Satan).

Of course they are tough to find.

Hello.

You've never been to a sci-fi convention, have you?

The rules don't specify the gender of the virgin...
Dying to live, living to die.