Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do people hate/dislike about you?
What do people hate/dislike about you?
People hate how particular I am with words.  If someone says "philosophist"  I correct them, if someone says "I got bit by a scorpion" when they mean stung, I correct them.  I only mention these two things because those are two instances where people got annoyed with me correcting them.

People hate how I like to jump from topic to topic in a convo, it might seem like I'm disinterested in a topic they were talking about.

I'm a messy, loud eater.  Especially if I'm eating something I enjoy then people tell me I make orgasm noises.

My sleeping pattern is shit.  As a kid this annoyed my parents, in later years it annoyed girls who I went to bed with but couldn't sleep next to.  This is a really big one because I think it's probably fucking things up with a girl I like at the moment.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: What do people hate/dislike about you?
The fact that they are not me.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
uh . .

wut ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

My general misanthropy tends to turn people off. I try to tell them that it's general and not specific, but they don't care. Also, I'm a grammar nazi, but I try to keep my mental proofreading to myself.

(December 16, 2017 at 8:19 pm)paulpablo Wrote: "philosophist"

Funny, I just had the pleasure of meeting Little Rik in another thread.
They tell me I'm to serious.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 16, 2017 at 8:19 pm)paulpablo Wrote: People hate how particular I am with words.  If someone says "philosophist"  I correct them, if someone says "I got bit by a scorpion" when they mean stung, I correct them.  I only mention these two things because those are two instances where people got annoyed with me correcting them.

People hate how I like to jump from topic to topic in a convo, it might seem like I'm disinterested in a topic they were talking about.

I'm a messy, loud eater.  Especially if I'm eating something I enjoy then people tell me I make orgasm noises.

My sleeping pattern is shit.  As a kid this annoyed my parents, in later years it annoyed girls who I went to bed with but couldn't sleep next to.  This is a really big one because I think it's probably fucking things up with a girl I like at the moment.

Loud eater? Thanks for the heads up, and never invite me to a quiet room for a get together. If I have to eat with lip smackers, gulpers , slurpers and crunchers, I want to be in a noisy bar. 

I even hate when food adds use those sound effects. I always think, "Hey assholes, it doesn't make me want to buy your product, it makes me want to throw a brick and my TV. Would you buy toilet paper if they used sound effects of farting or diarrhea?"

But that is me, and I think most of my bugaboo on that is due to my mom smacking me as a kid get me not to do that. 

So what do people hate/dislike about me? I cant spell worth a shitptdt. In my personal life face to face with others, I can get very worried if someone wondering if someone is upset with me when it turns out they really were not, but get upset with me because I am expressing too much worry. 

I think in my teen years and early adult years I KNOW I used to throw myself at females emotionally because I stupidly confused desire for love. I am glad I don't have those raging ignorant hormones in me now. 

I think what some might hate/dislike about me now, is that I am much more opinionated and willing to express that now.
My tendency to publically confront rude and/or stupid people in no uncertain terms.  If you're going to jump the queue, you can expect to hear me shout, 'Oi, fuck face - back of the line'.  If you're going to tell me that KFC is called 'KFC' because they serve genetically modified animals that can't legally be sold as chicken, be prepared for a 10 minute rant in which I not only demand that you provide some sort of evidence for your silly-arsed assertion, but I also tell you in great and painful detail that you are in need of another brain cell to keep the one you have from dying of loneliness.

Drives my poor wife to distraction.  But she's never failed to post my bail, so that's something, I suppose.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 16, 2017 at 9:16 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: My tendency to publically confront rude and/or stupid people in no uncertain terms.  If you're going to jump the queue, you can expect to hear me shout, 'Oi, fuck face - back of the line'.  If you're going to tell me that KFC is called 'KFC' because they serve genetically modified animals that can't legally be sold as chicken, be prepared for a 10 minute rant in which I not only demand that you provide some sort of evidence for your silly-arsed assertion, but I also tell you in great and painful detail that you are in need of another brain cell to keep the one you have from dying of loneliness.

Drives my poor wife to distraction.  But she's never failed to post my bail, so that's something, I suppose.

Boru

I often get looks from people around me when I confront people publicly.

I hold a door open for someone and they don't even acknowledge me with a nod or a smile, and they hear quite loudly behind them, "Thank you for holding the door open for me. You're most welcome. I love holding the door open for ignorant pricks!"
Dying to live, living to die.
Lol I’m like cats. Some people love them, others just hate them. Some people find me annoying as fuck, others appreciate my awkwardness. I’m fine with it.

I can’t be specific. It’s just all of me. People who can’t stand me simply can’t stand me as a whole. I don’t fight it. I see it, I look at it in the eye, and then I go about my day.

Oh, and I can’t stand loud eaters. Chewing noises piss me off. I can’t stand my own chewing, so I play music when I eat.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
To be honest, based on other people's feedback, I'd probably say that the two things that bug people about me is that I'm very serious and that I'm reserved/very introverted (based on my experience, some people can perceive this as arrogance).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One thing I hate about the human language. Brian37 13 1130 June 25, 2021 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  My HATE Thread! impaler 46 2745 September 2, 2020 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  I hate it when I do that... onlinebiker 22 1256 July 15, 2020 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Why I hate food critics.... Brian37 23 2875 January 21, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Why I Hate Music Critics BrianSoddingBoru4 2 729 January 19, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: no one
  I hate government Apex1050 24 1867 May 30, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Athene
  [split] PSA: Hate Speech (discussion of video etc) Huggy Bear 223 7807 May 3, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I don't hate everything my species does. Brian37 17 2647 March 20, 2019 at 5:05 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Damn - I hate that.... onlinebiker 7 1185 January 29, 2019 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Most people hate logic. onlinebiker 40 2106 December 4, 2018 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: ignoramus