Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks
They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks
From wiki:

Before their use in chemotherapy, alkylating agents were better known for their use as sulfur mustard, ("mustard gas") and related chemical weapons in World War I. The nitrogen mustards were the first alkylating agents used medically, as well as the first modern cancer chemotherapies.

I recall a science essay from Isaac Asimov (Sin of the Scientist?) where he castigated the poison gas/chemical warfare scientists of WWI as the closest approach to 'evil' science has yet produced. And yet here we note even "mustard gas" has been found to have useful medical properties. Another saying springs to mind; It's an ill wind that blows no good. IOW, even something really bad or awful might yet have some desirable effects or characteristics.

It's just up to us to find them.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks
I wonder what practical, non weapon related use could be made of Trump's fat ass?
RE: They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks
(December 22, 2017 at 11:33 am)Whateverist Wrote: I wonder what practical, non weapon related use could be made of Trump's fat ass?

Candles?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 22, 2017 at 11:33 am)Whateverist Wrote: I wonder what practical, non weapon related use could be made of Trump's fat ass?

It could be used as a new fatberg for the London sewrage system.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

I don't care as long as its done soon.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

A lampshade?

High calorie food for a herd of pigs?
gee . . .

kind of an uplifting higher purpose topic there went septic on post 2 . . .

my disappoint

Huh

[Image: Septic+Tank1.JPG]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

And here I thought this was going to be something about of Russian Revolution.

But yes, better living thru chemistry. Most hypertensives don't know that one treatment is modified snake venom. 

@ What's, suck it out and re-inject into lips, boobs and butts.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 22, 2017 at 12:32 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:

High calorie food for a herd of pigs?

Only as long as no one has to eat those poor pigs.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transgender kids’ brains resemble their gender identity, not their biological sex Foxaèr 19 3267 May 23, 2018 at 10:06 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Ask and ye shall receive. The Grand Nudger 4 1259 August 20, 2011 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Aliens - Are they out there? Have they visited us? And related questions -KT 50 15602 December 17, 2010 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Violet