Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google's Santa Tracker
Google's Santa Tracker
As every year in this time google stages us on it's map live tracker of Santa giving gifts to children around the world. I mean I don't want to sound negative but what's the point? We see him above India, Arabia, Iran, Israel - as if those people give a shit. To believers in Santa, or pretenders to believe, don't think he handles the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children.

[Image: czBmBYrg_o.jpg] [Image: n4Upi6NC_o.jpg]

[Image: 5AUaAysm_o.jpg]

Not just that but some find it offensive like alt-right Hindu nationalists in India actually warned Christian missionary schools that they celebrate Christmas 'at their own risk'

Quote:Right-wing Hindu revivalist organisation has warned Christian missionary schools in northern India that they celebrate Christmas at "their own risk" as it claimed Hindu children were being "lured" to Christianity.

In a letter to several Christian-run schools in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, 110 miles southeast of the capital New Delhi, the Hindu Jagran Manch stated that Christmas is "essentially a ploy to lure and convert Hindu children”.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/...g_share_tw

Indeed I can't imagine how conservatives and nationalists in, let's say, US would react if google staged similar situation with some Hindu lower deity going around US and supposedly giving kids gifts.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Google's Santa Tracker
Let kids have their magic. Childhood is fleeting.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
That anybody is complaining about this is amusing
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Those are in Hanukkah Harry's territory. Sheesh. Ya trying to piss off the trade union or what?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 24, 2017 at 2:41 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: As every year in this time google stages us on it's map live tracker of Santa giving gifts to children around the world. I mean I don't want to sound negative but what's the point? We see him above India, Arabia, Iran, Israel - as if those people give a shit. To believers in Santa, or pretenders to believe, don't think he handles the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children.

[Image: czBmBYrg_o.jpg] [Image: n4Upi6NC_o.jpg]

[Image: 5AUaAysm_o.jpg]

Not just that but some find it offensive like alt-right Hindu nationalists in India actually warned Christian missionary schools that they celebrate Christmas 'at their own risk'

Quote:Right-wing Hindu revivalist organisation has warned Christian missionary schools in northern India that they celebrate Christmas at "their own risk" as it claimed Hindu children were being "lured" to Christianity.

In a letter to several Christian-run schools in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, 110 miles southeast of the capital New Delhi, the Hindu Jagran Manch stated that Christmas is "essentially a ploy to lure and convert Hindu children”.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/...g_share_tw

Indeed I can't imagine how conservatives and nationalists in, let's say, US would react if google staged similar situation with some Hindu lower deity going around US and supposedly giving kids gifts.

Christmas was big in Iran in 2015 = http://realiran.org/photos-irans-christi...christmas/

Christmas is big in India = https://www.whychristmas.com/cultures/india.shtml

Christmas is big in Pakistan = https://tribune.com.pk/story/1275363/pic...-pakistan/

Christmas is big in Bangladesh = http://www.celebratingchristmas.co.uk/in...bangladesh

Christmas is big in Nepal = http://www.weallnepali.com/nepali-festiv...s-in-nepal
(December 24, 2017 at 2:43 pm)Cyberman Wrote: Let kids have their magic. Childhood is fleeting.

lol! I'm not stalling anyone's magic I was just puzzled because I thought those kids don't care about Christmas. I mean even a lot of Christian countries don't care about Santa today because they expect him in two weeks. But apparently, according to Wyrd of Gawd, everybody's crazy about Christmas: Jews, Hindus, Muslims etc. My bad, I didn't know that.

You know I remember watching Adam Sandler on (I think) Conan O'Brien when he was promoting "Eight Crazy Nights" and he said how in school he would draw Hanukkah drawings while others drew Christmas and he got bullied because of that. I wonder why he did that and didn't draw Christmas instead since Jews are also big about it. I think I'll ask him on twitter and I tell you what he said.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I think Santa should get more respect. He has a trying job.
[Image: image_zpszagpewgt.jpg]
(December 24, 2017 at 2:53 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: That anybody is complaining about this is amusing

Yea like "Happy Holidays" right?
(December 25, 2017 at 7:53 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 24, 2017 at 2:53 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: That anybody is complaining about this is amusing

Yea like "Happy Holidays" right?

Some people go ape shit crazy when people say the "wrong" greeting.

Muslim Boxer Amir Khan Gets Death Threats for Putting up Tree and Wishing Followers 'Merry Christmas'
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/12/...stmas/amp/

"British Muslim boxer Amir Khan has received death threats after posting pictures online of a Christmas tree he put up for his young daughter.

Mr. Khan, a former unified world champion and Olympic medallist of Pakistani heritage, posted the images of his tree on Tuesday.

On both Twitter and Instagram he captioned the images: “While everyone’s asleep, daddy put the Christmas tree up. Lamaisah’s going to be happy #Christmas #MerryChristmas2017”.

The Bolton athlete, 31, is a practising Muslim, and some of his followers reacted badly and threatened to kill him for allegedly “betraying” his religion, the Manchester Evening News reports.

“I promise to god i want kill you and your family amir” vowed one, in a now deleted message.

Another added: “Muslims don’t celebrate Christmas. It’s one thing to give out cards at school your respecting other faith and their celebration but putting up a tree in your own home….poor kid will be well confused.”"
(December 25, 2017 at 11:10 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(December 25, 2017 at 7:53 am)Brian37 Wrote: Yea like "Happy Holidays" right?

Some people go ape shit crazy when people say the "wrong" greeting.

Muslim Boxer Amir Khan Gets Death Threats for Putting up Tree and Wishing Followers 'Merry Christmas'
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/12/...stmas/amp/

"British Muslim boxer Amir Khan has received death threats after posting pictures online of a Christmas tree he put up for his young daughter.

Mr. Khan, a former unified world champion and Olympic medallist of Pakistani heritage, posted the images of his tree on Tuesday.

On both Twitter and Instagram he captioned the images: “While everyone’s asleep, daddy put the Christmas tree up. Lamaisah’s going to be happy #Christmas #MerryChristmas2017”.

The Bolton athlete, 31, is a practising Muslim, and some of his followers reacted badly and threatened to kill him for allegedly “betraying” his religion, the Manchester Evening News reports.

“I promise to god i want kill you and your family amir” vowed one, in a now deleted message.

Another added: “Muslims don’t celebrate Christmas. It’s one thing to give out cards at school your respecting other faith and their celebration but putting up a tree in your own home….poor kid will be well confused.”"

I agree, but our far right shit their fucking pants if you don't say "Merry Christmas".

There is even a fucking machine gun toting religious nutball on Youtube who freaked out over Starbuck's red cup with no mention of Jebus.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Santa Claus Interaktive 2 695 December 26, 2019 at 8:22 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Santa is an anagram for Satan goombah111 34 5010 January 27, 2017 at 5:33 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Santa versus god Foxaèr 8 2506 January 15, 2016 at 6:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Did you believe in Santa? Longhorn 43 7402 April 28, 2015 at 7:45 am
Last Post: John V
  How can we make adults believe in Santa? watchamadoodle 40 11888 March 24, 2015 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Vox Populi
  Does Santa exist? cratehorus 31 8415 July 28, 2013 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Santa "executed" by Firing squad. theVOID 9 2400 December 24, 2010 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: chasm
  Proof that Google is God Shell B 54 15854 October 19, 2010 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist