Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can we make adults believe in Santa?
How can we make adults believe in Santa?
I've been wondering why Santa belief disappears but religious belief doesn't. What would we need to do to turn Santa belief into a religion that could compete with Christianity, Islam, etc.?

Here are a few changes that might help:
(1) The real-life gifts on Christmas need to change, because that is too easy to falsify. Either the gifts need to be invisible, or the gifts need to arrive at unpredictable times as random good fortunes. If you have not been naughty, but you still are not receiving gifts, then you simply don't appreciate the gifts that you are getting, and that is very naughty. That explains why you are not getting gifts.
(2) The cookies and milk need to change. Every Christmas Eve, the Santa believers consume a cookie and drink some milk with the assurance that Santa will share this snack with them in spirit.
(3) Santa needs a hell that depends on belief. If you stop believing in Santa, then you will remain on the naughty list until you repent of your unbelief. If you never repent, then you will burn forever in Santa's cookie oven.

Thinking
RE: How can we make adults believe in Santa?
There should be some way to feel Santa in your heart.

Lots of things that humans can't help doing like having sexual fantasies or farting should be a considered a sign the person is bad and therefore needs Santa
Don't believe and your fruitcake will get moldy.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(March 20, 2015 at 7:40 pm)watchamadoodle Wrote: I've been wondering why Santa belief disappears but religious belief doesn't. What would we need to do to turn Santa belief into a religion that could compete with Christianity, Islam, etc.?

Become Santa yourself!
Eternal torture by elves (or even worse, Elvis) if you don't believe?
How about sacramental use of amanita muscaria?

[Image: 2006-10-25_Amanita_muscaria_crop.jpg]
Tell them there's money in it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Have Santa become the answer to why we are here and the promise of where we're going.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(March 20, 2015 at 8:27 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote: Eternal torture by elves (or even worse, Elvis) if you don't believe?

I recommend Heat Mizer:

[Image: th?&id=HN.608033718825254966&w=300&h=300...9&rs=0&p=0]

How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11157 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Santa Claus Interaktive 2 700 December 26, 2019 at 8:22 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  God can make infinitely more special/valuable things than this universe blue grey brain 84 9553 December 17, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Google's Santa Tracker Fake Messiah 15 2424 December 25, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7905 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Santa is an anagram for Satan goombah111 34 5021 January 27, 2017 at 5:33 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Question Why disbelievers believe? They believe in so called “God of the gaps”. theBorg 49 8510 August 27, 2016 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Santa versus god Foxaèr 8 2511 January 15, 2016 at 6:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Can I be sued for saving someone's life? Yes I can Dystopia 25 5278 July 14, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  If we can't criticize Islam in the West, where can it be criticized? TheMessiah 29 7767 May 10, 2015 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Dystopia