Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 7:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prognostications for 2018?
Prognostications for 2018?
Does anyone have any?  Maybe aspirations as well? 

The only thing I see is my continued dwindling with about the same amount of general contentment.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Prognostications for 2018?
I was hoping that Justice Democrats would take over the Democratic party, and bring some real progressives into power. But I saw a story that Cenk, who started the group, was forced to resign because of some unprogressive things he said some 12+ years ago. So I don't know where it's going to go now.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

my prognostications for 2018 ....hmmm i don't know... maybe to be healthy and happy?!
yes...to be healthy!!
....and to make someone happy! Smile

https://www.facebook.com/sexyintelligenc...=3&theater

I prefer not to think about politics because it makes me sick...

Poland will win the World Cup on football! hehe
"Alone is what I have. Alone protects me." 
“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."
Things will continue to get worse for us before they eventually get worse for Trump.
How many years would be better to be alive in than 2017? Unless you are some sort of wilderness hermit, i'd think easily less than 5. I'm guessing 2018 will also crack the top 5 years to be alive in the 200,000,000 years of human history. That's not so bad.
I predict that I will get the date wrong on checks for about a month.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Alex did a thread like this for last year.  I claimed about 50% success (which surprised the hell out of me), so I'll have another go.  I'm going to try to make these as specific as possible.  Bear in mind that these aren't things I necessarily want to happen, but things I think might happen.

1. Politics (US):  A major US political figure will suffer a health crisis necessitating his retirement from public life.  It won't be Trump (sorry) - the smart money's on Bernie Sanders.

2.  Politics (world): A major war will break out in sub-Saharan Africa, extending into 2019.  Guessing Chad and the CAR.

3.  Economics:  Bitcoin will crash and be largely forgotten about.  This will be primarily caused by the compromising of the blockchain.

4.  Technology:  Electric bicycles will see a MASSIVE resurgence as a mode of urban travel.  Consequently, public transport will take a sizable hit.

5.  Medical: At least one of the current experimental cancer therapies will become standard by year's end.  Best bet - t cell antigen discrimination.

6.  Film:  Lady Gaga will receive either a BAFTA or an Academy Award nomination (she won't win).

7.  Music:  The best-selling album of the year will be the soundtrack to a Pixar film.

8.  Environment: The Great Barrier Reef will be officially declared 'dead'.  No one will care very much.

9.  History:  An undiscovered Shakespeare play will take the world by storm.  It will eventually be discovered to be a fake.

10.  Woo:  A major newspaper chain will announce that it is no longer going to publish daily horoscopes.  Despite the outcry from insane people, other papers will quickly follow suit.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
My prediction, 24 hours will still be 24 hours, and the GOP will still be bat shit insane.
I don't have any prognostications but my primary aspiration is to sell my rental property. The housing market here is shooting up so it's time to take advantage and sell.

-Teresa
[Image: 8b1.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First significant snow 2018 onlinebiker 12 730 November 27, 2018 at 7:45 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Happy Teacher Appreciation Day! (2018!) Cecelia 8 946 May 9, 2018 at 12:30 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  AF Get Together US East Coast 2018 Joods 71 6066 October 26, 2017 at 5:54 am
Last Post: Brian37
  2017/2018 AF Forum Time Capsule Losty 50 14906 February 23, 2017 at 11:09 pm