Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump: Fire and Fury
Trump: Fire and Fury
According to the BBC (1):
According to the book, former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon thought a meeting between Donald Trump Jr and a group of Russians was "treasonous".
The Russians had offered Donald Trump Jr damaging information on Hillary Clinton at the June 2016 meeting.

Trump, Wolff alleges did not expect to win - Wolff describes the amazement and dismay - in the Trump camp at his November 2016 election win (2)

Wolff alleges that Trump was unhappy at his inauguration - Wolff writes:

Quote:Trump did not enjoy his own inauguration. He was angry that A-level stars had snubbed the event, disgruntled with the accommodations at Blair House, and visibly fighting with his wife, who seemed on the verge of tears. Throughout the day, he wore what some around him had taken to calling his golf face: angry and pissed off, shoulders hunched, arms swinging, brow furled, lips pursed.

WH Communications Director Stephanie Grisham has rejected these claims
however, they do seem to  tell the same story as a viral video clip of Mrs Trump, stone-faced, at the inauguration.
According to another excerpt from the book, obtained by US media, Mr Trump used to boast that sleeping with his friends' wives made "life worth living", which seems to corroborate tales of sexual harassment about him

Trump found the White House "scary"

Mr Trump's daughter and her husband Jared Kushner allegedly struck a deal that she might run for president in future, according to Wolff :

Quote:Balancing risk against reward, both Jared and Ivanka decided to accept roles in the West Wing over the advice of almost everyone they knew. It was a joint decision by the couple, and, in some sense, a joint job. Between themselves, the two had made an earnest deal: If sometime in the future the opportunity arose, she'd be the one to run for president. The first woman president, Ivanka entertained, would not be Hillary Clinton; it would be Ivanka Trump. Bannon, who had coined the term 'Jarvanka' that was now in ever greater use in the White House, was horrified when the couple's deal was reported to him.

Ivanka mocked daddy's comb over, Wolff writes:

Quote:She treated her father with a degree of detachment, even irony, going so far as to make fun of his comb-over to others. She often described the mechanics behind it to friends: an absolutely clean pate - a contained island after scalp-reduction -surgery - surrounded by a furry circle of hair around the sides and front, from which all ends are drawn up to meet in the centre and then swept back and secured by a stiffening spray. The colour, she would point out to comical effect, was from a product called Just for Men - the longer it was left on, the darker it got. Impatience resulted in Trump's orange-blond hair colour

Katie Walsh, the White House deputy chief of staff, asked Mr Kushner, the president's senior adviser, what the administration wanted to achieve.

But according to the book, Mr Kushner did not have an answer.

Quote:Just give me the three things the president wants to focus on,' she [Katie Walsh] demanded. 'What are the three priorities of this White House?' It was the most basic question imaginable - one that any qualified presidential candidate would have answered long before he took up residence at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Six weeks into Trump's presidency, Kushner was wholly without an answer. 'Yes,' he said to Walsh. 'We should probably have that conversation.

Wolff, who previously wrote a biography of Rupert Murdoch, describes Mr Trump's high regard for the News Corp media titan.

Quote:Rupert Murdoch, who had promised to pay a call on the president-elect, was running late. When some of the guests made a move to leave, an increasingly agitated Trump assured them that Rupert was on his way. 'He's one of the greats, the last of the greats,' Trump said. 'You have to stay to see him.' Not grasping that he was now the most powerful man in the world, Trump was still trying mightily to curry favour with a media mogul who had long disdained him as a charlatan and fool.

But the admiration wasn't mutual, according to Wolff's  account of a call between Mr Murdoch and Mr Trump about the president's meeting with Silicon Valley executives.

Quote:These guys really need my help. Obama was not very favourable to them, too much regulation. This is really an opportunity for me to help them. Donald, said Murdoch, for eight years these guys had Obama in their pocket. They practically ran the administration. They don't need your help.

Take this H-1B visa issue. They really need these H-1B visas. Murdoch suggested that taking a liberal approach to H-1B visas, which open America's doors to select immigrants, might be hard to square with his promises to build a wall and close the borders. But Trump seemed unconcerned, assuring Murdoch, 'We'll figure it out.' 'What a f****** idiot,' said Murdoch, shrugging, as he got off the phone.

Former US National Security Adviser Mike Flynn knew that accepting money from Moscow for a speech could come back to haunt him, according to the book.

Wolff writes that before the election Mr Flynn "had been told by friends that it had not been a good idea to take $45,000 from the Russians for a speech. 'Well it would only be a problem if we won,' he assured them."

Mr Flynn has been indicted in the Justice Department special counsel's inquiry.

Sources: 

1. BBC Article
2.NYMag article
RE: Trump: Fire and Fury
Just bought it.
(January 5, 2018 at 2:29 pm)Shell B Wrote: Just bought it.

Its £14 here which is a bit rich for my blood.
Sounds like it might be good for a chuckle though.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I just bought the Kindle version.  Already downloaded.

Happy to do my bit to show those FOX FUX that 'Murrica does care.
I Went Kindle myself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 9860 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Spark the fire. Brian37 1 242 December 11, 2020 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 998 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump under fire for racially-charged tweets against congresswomen zebo-the-fat 151 9825 August 10, 2019 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36830 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Fire Up That Flamethrower, Bernie! Minimalist 61 8484 April 7, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3105 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4037 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1663 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1269 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32