Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parental Dichotomies
Parental Dichotomies
(inspired by Die Atheistin's threat)

DA's thread about his mum's beliefs got me to thinking about a quirk my father had - he would constantly rail against the general stupidity of people, but steadfastly refused to take advantage of it.  An example:  Two of my brothers and I went with him to look over a stud bull he was considering.  After researching the bloodline and the quality of calves produced, Da asked the owner how much he wanted and the man said,  '£1000.'  Da looked at the man as if he had two heads and said, 'Iz yer daft?  The beast is worth £1500 all day.  I'll give ye twelve.' 

Anyone else have parental quirks they'd like to share?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some parental advice from all the lovely parentals? Non parentals also welcome :D Losty 116 10891 December 12, 2015 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Parenting - Split parental views. Spencer 14 6292 August 5, 2010 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Spencer