Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Origin
Origin
I just recently finished the book "Origin" by Dan Brown. (If you havent read it you should give it a read btw.)

I do not wont to spoiler anyone so I am including this warning:

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!
Please only read further if you already have read the book!

What do you guys think of the facts that were supposed to destroy all religion?
Do you agree that his vision of the Future might come true?
And to the believers out there: IF these things were true, would you abandon your religion? Why? or Why not?

I personally thought that his vision of the future was not that special. There have already been a lot of people predicting such a future and I do not think is a distopian thought.
But the "proof" that live just springs out of ordinary matter would be pretty hard for the religious of this world. For it is not only one of the greatest mysteries in science but also one of the main things I heard religious people talk about when explaining thir faith to me.
What is it you most dislike? Stupidity, especially in its nastiest forms of racism and superstition.” 

~ Christopher Hitchens
RE: Origin
I haven't read it, so I won't comment except to say that I wouldn't read anything by Dan Brown, up to and including the yet-to-be-released 'How To Bang 19 Year Old Starlets From The Comfort Of Your Home And WITHOUT Using Your Own Money For Fun And Profit.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Dan Brown, the writer of pot boilers?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Religion will destroy itself.  It cannot withstand the intense scrutiny it has come under thanks to the web.
(January 17, 2018 at 7:17 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Religion will destroy itself.  It cannot withstand the intense scrutiny it has come under thanks to the web.

The fuck it will. Religion isn’t the problem.

[Image: 9781561004423-uk.jpg]

Religion and (insert total bollocks here) will never go away so long as hom sap has such a propensity for believing anything and everything.
As a species we are fucked, it's a wonder we made it this far. I eagerly await the next big comet strike and then mebbie those smug bastard dolphins will smarten their act and get back out the water and grow a few fingers and do some fucking thing.

This message is brought to you by Succubus the sanguine.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Life is too short to read a single sentence by Dan Brown!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(January 17, 2018 at 9:06 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Life is too short to read a single sentence by Dan Brown!

I heard that he started out as a preschool teacher.  A wonderful job; pity that he left it!
(January 22, 2018 at 6:59 am)Jehanne Wrote:
(January 17, 2018 at 9:06 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Life is too short to read a single sentence by Dan Brown!

I heard that he started out as a preschool teacher.  A wonderful job; pity that he left it!

He got tired of the kids correcting his grammar.
If you want to keep something secret, stick Dan Brown's name on it. The only people who will read it aren't exactly credible to begin with.

(Just kidding, Shirkahn! Smile )
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Thank you to all the kind people telling me that dan brown is not a good writer. I dont care. I wanted to discuss the things he says in his book. Which the Character claims would destroy the world religions. So please can we talk about that and not about Dan Brown.
What is it you most dislike? Stupidity, especially in its nastiest forms of racism and superstition.” 

~ Christopher Hitchens

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The origin of biology truth_seeker 61 7550 March 20, 2016 at 12:03 am
Last Post: Ravenshire