Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The problem with Ramadan
The problem with Ramadan
I've always thought that Ramandan thoroughly proves Islam has human origins. After all, it moves around seasons, which means when it's in the summer, and if you are living in Sweden, or Canada, the fasting requirement becomes impossible.

Now I know that Islamic scholars have said that there are ways around the fasting if you live in one of those places.

That's not the point though, the point is that this is one of the 5 pillars of Islam, not some obscure side rule. It would be inconceivable that an all knowing God would make such an obvious mistake. It's easy to see how a man from the middle East, who had limited knowledge of the world as a whole would make that mistake though.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: The problem with Ramadan
Not sure reality has ever slowed down a dedicated theist much . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 26, 2018 at 8:02 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Not sure reality has ever slowed down a dedicated theist much . . .

It's just such a blatant error. I mean, there is really no way around that the Ramadan fasting would have such an obvious error unless it was made by someone who didn't have knowledge of how latitud
No one had a clue about the International Dateline (as it is known in our era) till the single ship that completed Magellan's global circumnavigation returned to port and the remaining crew's reckoning of the date was off by one day.

Much consternation till someone worked out the why.

Been a great thing for God to have included in the Bible 1500 years before. LOL, no one even imagined it, it had to be experienced. At least the sailors weren't burned for celebrating Mass on the wrong day.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Conventional Wisdom
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Agreed, the origins of the rules were made close to the equator, so the poles (and regions close to those areas) weren't considered.

A god wouldn't make an error like that.
I don't know how true it is but I read in superfreakonomics that deafness and other disabilities are more likely among Muslims due to fasting during pregnancy in some countries.  

From what I can gather Muhammad ordered everyone to fast who isn't ill or on a journey.  These days lots of additional exceptions are made, like people who live in places where fasting is impossible or people who are healthy but in conditions like pregnancy where health and safety is an issue.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(January 27, 2018 at 1:23 pm)SaStrike Wrote: Agreed, the origins of the rules were made close to the equator, so the poles (and regions close to those areas) weren't considered.

An all knowing all powerful God. It's actually two errors, one being the poles thing and the other being that the calender moves and isn't fixed. So sometimes Ramadan is in the summer and sometimes not. Give me a break. An all knowing God would never make such a human mistake.
(January 26, 2018 at 7:42 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Now I know that Islamic scholars have said that there are ways around the fasting if you live in one of those places.
And what they say doesn't matter at the end.
This is my last post before 2 years so I won't follow up on it.
When you want to prove a statement, you should 
1) Think about the opposite of that statement, and look for evidence for it.
2) Think about the negation of that statement, and look for evidences for it.
3) And then think with those two in mind, why your statement is correct.
If you can't prove by contradiction, it probably means it's very subjective your evidence to the statement.
The opposite would be:
1) An all knowing God would definitely make fasting for wise reasons despite people in some regions have mostly the sun or no night while not explaining what to do in those regions explicitly.
The negation would be:
2) An all knowing God would have no problem with making fasting despite people in some regions have mostly the sun or no nights while not explaining what to do in those regions explicitly.
I can find a lot of evidence for both 1 and 2 in Quran and the paradigm I work with. Explicitly, Quran has not even explained the form of Salah in detail, but implicitly it has. So if you want to argue it should explain everything explicitly, you might as well say "If Quran is true, it would explicitly explain the details of Salah."
And once you begin to see how Quran has implicitly explained everything in the religion with the help of it's designated chosen leaders and family, you will be well on your journey holding on to God's rope.
And yes scholars can say what they want, and it doesn't become a solution in the religion simply because they made their own solution.
Rituals are meant with a meaning with a paradigm. And most Muslims their rituals are meaningless and it only furthers them from God.
Fasting is mentioned in one Surah only where two Prophets are mentioned only once through out Quran as well and never mentioned again, one with a name, and the other not.  Think about where it's placed and what has to do with the message particular in this Surah that is found in other Surahs but specifically one is in this Surah detail.
I could spell it all out for you, but it would lead to Atlas coming up and getting upset, and you might think I am making it all up, so it's up to you see and understand.
Start to reflect not for the sake of only finding faults but finding solutions.
(January 27, 2018 at 1:51 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(January 27, 2018 at 1:23 pm)SaStrike Wrote: Agreed, the origins of the rules were made close to the equator, so the poles (and regions close to those areas) weren't considered.

An all knowing all powerful God. It's actually two errors, one being the poles thing and the other being that the calender moves and isn't fixed. So sometimes Ramadan is in the summer and sometimes not. Give me a break. An all knowing God would never make such a human mistake.

The calender is fixed, it follows the lunar calender, not solar.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ramadan 2019: a late congratulation WinterHold 6 1632 May 15, 2019 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Happy Ramadan Fasting yragnitup 15 2193 May 8, 2019 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: madog
  RAMADAN: wonder how many girl MUTILATIONS were done in the name of Allah? 21stCenturyIconoclast! 13 5117 June 27, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  An ex-muslim fasting ramadan Lebneni Murtad 15 6888 June 17, 2017 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Ramadan has come. WinterHold 36 10905 May 29, 2017 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Understanding the Ramadan Massacre in Orlando (David Wood) mralstoner 32 6812 June 18, 2016 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Part of the Ummah and serve alcohol during Ramadan? We kill you! ReptilianPeon 1 1092 June 12, 2016 at 4:02 pm
  Ramadan on Luna or in the Arctic Circle? ReptilianPeon 21 5438 June 22, 2015 at 3:21 am
  Mental Tricks in Islam : Ramadan Fasting exMohammed 2 2393 August 17, 2014 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  eid and ramadan paulpablo 23 8642 August 10, 2013 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: ThatMuslimGuy2