Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cinematic Death Scenes
Cinematic Death Scenes
I've always felt that a death/killing scene can sometimes make or break a film.  Use this thread to post your favourite scenes of this nature.  Two of mine:

For sheer brutality and overkill (pun intended),

Sonny Corleone Death

And for casual callousness,

Hell On Wheels

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Cinematic Death Scenes
Don't forget the vid you send me last week.

How about the one where the Jewish preacherman was subjected to some wicked S&M but things got out of hand at the end?

I thought the director's decision to resurrect the little kike was problematic, but nobody ever listens to me.

I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
28 Days Later
Heh heh...Mild-mannered Jim goes butch, and kills rapist fuckwad soldiers. LOL.
WARNING: Clip contains graphic depictions of VIOLENCE and GORE

True Romance
Virgil's comeuppance, after beating tiny little Alabama's ass. Go Alabama, go!
WARNING: Clip contains graphic depictions of VIOLENCE and GORE

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Kind of cheap/cheesy, but high points for shock value. Wasn't expecting to see anything that grisly and GROSS on network TV at the time. 
I didn't see it coming.

WARNING: Contains violent GORE 

And speaking of Buffyverse, this Angel death admittedly makes me a little verklempt. The vengeance at the end help, though. 
Oh no! Cyvus Vail thinks the ancient demon goddess Illyria is just some podunk mortal farm gal!

Seth Brundle fusing with the telepod and then getting his 'head' blasted off with a shotgun wielded by the mother of his child . . .

er, larva.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Gollum.
Melting NAZIs in Raiders of the Lost Ark
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Most underrated scenes in romance BrokenQuill92 23 4448 February 2, 2014 at 11:32 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  The most underrated scenes in romance BrokenQuill92 0 994 December 31, 2013 at 9:35 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92