Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Brit was dark skinned
Early Brit was dark skinned
DNA shows early Brit had dark skin, that must be a blow for the English Defence League (AKA racist fuckwits)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-42970067...-dark-skin
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Early Brit was dark skinned
I think the same result was found for continental Neolithic population from 6,000 BCE.  Lighter skin was apparently a very late development that propagated through the population very quickly.

Another thing, lighter skin amongst East Asians apparently also arose independently after the end of the ice age.
I can’t wait to see the BNP and EDL completely lose their shit over this.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
How long until someone claims light skin was evolution making humans better and racist fuckwits start "believing" in evolution?
(February 7, 2018 at 5:49 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: I can’t wait to see the BNP and EDL completely lose their shit over this.

Why do that when one can just dismiss it as #fakenews?
(February 7, 2018 at 5:51 pm)Shell B Wrote: How long until someone claims light skin was evolution making humans better and racist fuckwits start "believing" in evolution?

I think the Social Darwinists and eugenicists of the 1800s did that.

And the altrighters are doing it right now.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Altrighters believe people were black first and evolved to be white? I thought they just thought we were better than other races for indecipherable reasons.

Is it bad that I'm okay with eugenics to some degree (not based on race, but other factors)?
(February 7, 2018 at 8:39 pm)Shell B Wrote: Altrighters believe people were black first and evolved to be white? I thought they just thought we were better than other races for indecipherable reasons.

Is it bad that I'm okay with eugenics to some degree (not based on race, but other factors)?

You have to go to the bible for their excuses for hating black people. See, the bible says it's okay, the whole "Mark of Caine" thing.
(February 7, 2018 at 5:51 pm)Shell B Wrote: How long until someone claims light skin was evolution making humans better and racist fuckwits start "believing" in evolution?

Huh, I was assuming it happened because of how often it rains or is cloudy there.  Scarcely any opportunity for pigment to darken the skin.  Plus it is cool enough to require lots of cloths much of the time.
(February 7, 2018 at 5:23 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: DNA shows early Brit had dark skin, that must be a blow for the English Defence League (AKA racist fuckwits)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-42970067...-dark-skin

Interesting looking character. Looks like somebody I met at a Rainbow Gathering in 1980.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'Early wood' samples reshape plant history downbeatplumb 6 2188 August 16, 2011 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen