Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What've Missed?
What've Missed?
At risked of pretending to be as bright or as important as Thomas Jefferson: I've been gone for so long; what did I miss?

For those that don't know me, I'm culturally Lutheran and Presbyterian but atheist from before I knew what the word meant. I'm a 55 year old artist and recovering lawyer. I once posted here a lot. Then it got repetitive. Then I missed it. Now I'm back.

I'm flabergast to discover Mystic Knight has crossed over to the gray side of agnosticism, and resigned to Dritch's nonsense. Anything else exciting happen?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
RE: What've Missed?
(February 26, 2018 at 12:47 am)Jenny A Wrote: At risked of pretending to be as bright or as important as Thomas Jefferson: I've been gone for so long; what did I miss?

For those that don't know me, I'm culturally Lutheran and Presbyterian but atheist from before I knew what the word meant. I'm a 55 year old artist and recovering lawyer. I once posted here a lot. Then it got repetitive. Then I missed it. Now I'm back.

I'm flabergast to discover Mystic Knight has crossed over to the gray side of agnosticism, and resigned to Dritch's nonsense. Anything else exciting happen?

You're back!!!

Welcome.

What have you missed?

Spammers, trolls, a sock accounts galore.

The good and the bad.

Several wars. A number of birthdays.

And a small fire in the staff kitchen that Cyberman insists was started by demons, and had absolutely nothing to do with leaving a teatowel on the oven...

...again.

How have you been?
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome back Smile
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(February 26, 2018 at 1:15 am)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(February 26, 2018 at 12:47 am)Jenny A Wrote: At risked of pretending to be as bright or as important as Thomas Jefferson: I've been gone for so long; what did I miss?

You're back!!!

Welcome.

What have you missed?

Spammers, trolls, a sock accounts galore.

The good and the bad.

Several wars. A number of birthdays.

And a small fire in the staff kitchen that Cyberman insists was started by demons, and had absolutely nothing to do with leaving a teatowel on the oven...

...again.

How have you been?

Spammers and trolls aren't news.

I'm doing well. I've lost 50 pounds I should never have had and kept them off about six months now. I suddenly feel very young.

I'm getting used to being an empty nester and having a widowed mother and widower father-in-law. We now have semi independent kids and semi dependent parents. Our kids are helping us look after our parents. Odd, but good.

I'm just back from a week in Barcelona with Mr A and preparing for two weeks of solo travel before meeting Mr. A in Toledo. The later will be my first time solo trip to and first time renting a car in Europe. It'll be a painting expedition. I'm a hair nervous about the car.

I haven't had to defend atheism in a while, though I just say I am more often.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
We now have a team of jerk-offs and membership is very exclusive (and out of my control, sorry).
For reference: https://atheistforums.org/thread-52937.html
(February 26, 2018 at 1:38 am)Tiberius Wrote: For reference: https://atheistforums.org/thread-52937.html

Wow fame, or at least infamy.
Welcome back, madam Jenny!
Pull up a chair and enjoy the show, it's ongoing!

But I advise avoidance of any party featuring Huggy.
I think I remember you, but I'm not sure. Welcome back. Smile
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(February 26, 2018 at 1:43 am)Jenny A Wrote:
(February 26, 2018 at 1:38 am)Tiberius Wrote: For reference: https://atheistforums.org/thread-52937.html

Wow fame, or at least infamy.

I just discovered he has an awesome Streets of Rage 2 song on his YouTube home page. So sometimes even gigantic socking trolling racist cretins with no life have a LITTLE taste.

Why the fuck he's playing Sonic the Hedgehog with the Streets of Rage 2 music I have no idea though lol.