Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So today my "neighbor rapists" ......
So today my "neighbor rapists" ......
I have to admit, between my laziness of not keeping up my house, and back yard that looks like a jungle, my Hispanic neighbors really are looking for a better life. When I got home from my vacation, I ran into them, and they RIGHTFULLY complained that I left trash, even on my property, that annoyed them. I really am working up the nerve to bite the bullet to buy an new trailer and replace my 40 year old crap heap. I really do understand why they are getting annoyed. My fear is getting stuck in a scam where I pay for new housing but it would end up being no different than buying a used car. 

But, today, some religious peddlers knocked on my door, speaking broken English looking for my Hispanic neighbors. I informed the mother just now that some religious people were knocking on their door but couldn't find them. I turned the theists away saying I didn't know where they were, saying that they were most likely at work. JUST NOW, the mother was walking back to her house, and I mentioned that some religious people were looking for them earlier. MY HISPANIC NEIGHBOR knew nothing about it. That says to me, even our migrant population doesn't like door to door salespeople anymore than I do.
RE: So today my "neighbor rapists" ......
For a second I thought your thread title was serious....
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(February 26, 2018 at 5:38 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: For a second I thought your thread title was serious....

LOL! Me too. I though Brian's neighbors had to knock on his door and inform him that they were on the sex offender's list.
(February 26, 2018 at 5:40 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote:
(February 26, 2018 at 5:38 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: For a second I thought your thread title was serious....

LOL! Me too. I though Brian's neighbors had to knock on his door and inform him that they were on the sex offender's list.

WHAT?

No, it was mocking 45's very first bullshit insult on his very first day of his campaign when he came down the escalator and called Mexicans rapists.  I can honestly say my Hispanic neighbors have more to complain about my not doing anything about my own property than I have about anything they've done. They have constantly maintained their house and spent money to improve it. Me, it isn't that I don't want to improve my own house. I am simply insecure, even my mom got frustrated with me in regards of decision making. My neighbors do a far better job of maintaining their properties. My problem is not intent, but more fear of getting ripped off. 

I do have the intent, that when I pull my head out of my ass, when I get the new mobile home on the property, I do intend on hiring my neighbor's kid to do the trimming of the lawn, not the bulk mowing, but weeds and high grass my riding mower cant get.

My point is my Hispanic neighbors on both sides of me are NOT rapists but if I let my house go any further, they'd rightfully become a mob with torches.
I KNOW THAT AFTER READING THE OP, BRIAN! I was just talking about impressions from the thread title.
(February 26, 2018 at 5:51 pm)Brian37 Wrote: My point is my Hispanic neighbors on both sides of me are NOT rapists but if I let my house go any further, they'd rightfully become a mob with torches.

My experience of Hispanic neighbors is that they are the best neighbors to have. Back in Nevada, we lived in a neighborhood that was about 50/50 "white" and Hispanic. You could almost always guess who lived where. While many of our Anglo neighbors had the stereotypical 'white trash' yards, complete with rusting POS cars on blocks in the front, the Hispanic families nearly all took obvious pride in their yards. My immediate neighbor held down two jobs but could always be seen during his time off building retaining walls in his backyard, tending to his garden, etc.

Of course, that didn't stop some of my other neighbors from complaining about how the neighborhood was going to hell. Too many brown people, apparently.

Idiots.
(February 26, 2018 at 5:55 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: I KNOW THAT AFTER READING THE OP, BRIAN! I was just talking about impressions from the thread title.

Wait, what makes you think I dont' hate minorities? I hate atheists with a passion, don't act like I am an atheist myself. I WORSHIP ABBBA! Yea, don't let the extra "B" make you think I am drinking beer right now. I will pull a 45 and deny it.

(February 26, 2018 at 6:02 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote:
(February 26, 2018 at 5:51 pm)Brian37 Wrote: My point is my Hispanic neighbors on both sides of me are NOT rapists but if I let my house go any further, they'd rightfully become a mob with torches.

My experience of Hispanic neighbors is that they are the best neighbors to have. Back in Nevada, we lived in a neighborhood that was about 50/50 "white" and Hispanic. You could almost always guess who lived where. While many of our Anglo neighbors had the stereotypical 'white trash' yards, complete with rusting POS cars on blocks in the front, the Hispanic families nearly all took obvious pride in their yards. My immediate neighbor held down two jobs but could always be seen during his time off building retaining walls in his backyard, tending to his garden, etc.

Of course, that didn't stop some of my other neighbors from complaining about how the neighborhood was going to hell. Too many brown people, apparently.

Idiots.

I can literally say the same for both families on both sides of me. Sure there are families born here who take pride too. So when I say I am lazy, it isn't that I don't want to take pride. It is more along the lines I get exhausted even when I want to do something. But even without feeling exhausted, with me, it is more along the lines that I don't know where to start, and being single, feel like I have no help.
I was very confused by this OP.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Brian, I understand that your intentions are positive, but your threads/posts about your hispanic neighbors always confuse me. I’m Hispanic and atheist, so let’s clear it up.

What does them being Hispanic or migrant have to do with anything? What do you mean by “even our migrant population”? They didn’t know about the theists, ok. What else did they comment about it? I’m trying to figure out your point. You have brought your neighbors up more than once and the fact that they’re Hispanic, and I’m trying to figure out your point. Maybe we’ll even agree on said point  Smile
But so far I don’t get it. Is it that it surprises you in a good way that not all of us are religious? I’m not sure if that’s what you’re getting at. Help me out here.

And in case my tone is unclear, I’m not annoyed (yet lol). I’m genuinely confused. Smile
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(February 26, 2018 at 7:49 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: I was very confused by this OP.

I am insecure in my decision making in upkeep. My neighbors have family, I do not. When right wingers pick on Hispanics, it pisses me off. So when the orange asshat came down the escalator and called Mexicans rapists that pissed me off.

(February 26, 2018 at 8:18 pm)J a c k Wrote: Brian, I understand that your intentions are positive, but your threads/posts about your hispanic neighbors always confuse me. I’m Hispanic and atheist, so let’s clear it up.

What does them being Hispanic or migrant have to do with anything? What do you mean by “even our migrant population”? They didn’t know about the theists, ok. What else did they comment about it? I’m trying to figure out your point. You have brought your neighbors up more than once and the fact that they’re Hispanic, and I’m trying to figure out your point. Maybe we’ll even agree on said point  Smile
But so far I don’t get it. Is it that it surprises you in a good way that not all of us are religious? I’m not sure if that’s what you’re getting at. Help me out here.

And in case my tone is unclear, I’m not annoyed (yet lol). I’m genuinely confused. Smile

Jack, it should not have to do with anything. But if you watch the news regarding president Shithole or the GOP they act like minorities, not just Hispanics, should be burned at the stake. 

I am simply tired of our right wing shitting on minorities. Like I have said if anything, my neighbors have more to be annoyed by my dragging my feet on fixing my house. But when people blame migrants, knowing how kind and tolerant they are, it pisses me off that our right wing condemn's individuals and families they have never met in person. 

Trump called Mexicans "rapists" his first day of his campaign, and that was red meat for his bigoted right wing, for all of Latin/Hispanic America. I am just as pissed about that as I am about how he treats Arabs who are trying to flee the violence of war in the middle east.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system Macoleco 23 2286 October 3, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I voted today. Brian37 17 955 October 25, 2020 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Compare Joe Biden In 2012 To Him Today: Signs of Dementia Are Clear ReptilianPeon 11 1902 April 12, 2020 at 6:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Anyone going to watch Mueller today? Brian37 33 5057 July 26, 2019 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Amarok
  The proxies of today are the world war of tomorrow WinterHold 6 1087 April 29, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Voted today. Brian37 109 10982 November 7, 2018 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Did you vote today? Cecelia 17 1677 November 9, 2017 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Whiny Little Bitch Didn't Even Make the top of the news out here today Minimalist 11 1894 January 21, 2017 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  Republicans did this. Today Show Manowar 1 620 January 3, 2017 at 11:20 am
Last Post: Opoponax
  Today's Doonesbury Minimalist 4 560 September 19, 2016 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Minimalist