Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone going to watch Mueller today?
Anyone going to watch Mueller today?
I am, regardless of the outcome, I'd say there are times in history where paying attention is important. 

One thing Mueller said in all this that struck me was, "It would be unfair to the president."  But when you combine that with his letter blasting Barr for his misrepresentation of his report, and the fact he went on camera saying that he would have stated full exoneration, but could not.

The constitution says that the Congress is the power that puts a president on trial. So basically the comment "It would be unfair to the president", would be like a cop knowing they have the goods on someone, but refusing to comment to insure the trial isn't tainted so that is fair and the conviction sticks so it cannot be overturned on appeal.

Law enforcement keep things close to their vest to insure that both the accused and the court have a process that insures an outcome that will stick. I am reading Mueller's report as saying, "Dude, not my job to put him on trial, but there is a reason I said I could not exonerate him."

Combine that with over 800 Federal prosecutors of BOTH PARTIES saying that if it were any other person, they'd be indicted. 

Trump's base will never leave him unfortunately. But if any good comes out of today, maybe enough swing voters will see that fucker is not worth it and it will damage him in 2020.

Even outside this report, never in my life have I ever seen a President behave in such a mean vile manor constantly picking fights with innocent people, attacking our allies and kissing up to our enemies. There is a reason 50 former REPUBLICAN intel agents warned America, during his run not to elect him.

That bully has even gone as far as trying to claim the Constitution gives him the right to do whatever he wants. THAT comment alone should deem him unfit for office. 

I will be watching, and will be hoping Mueller can break it down enough to shatter the image that Trump is worthy of that office.
RE: Anyone going to watch Mueller today?
No.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I did watch it, and I cannot understand how any sane person can think Mueller exonerated him, when he said with his own voice, not just today, but months ago, he did not.
Rep. Lieu: The reason, again, that you did not indict Donald Trump is because of OLC opinion stating that you cannot indict a sitting president, correct?

Mueller: That is correct.

Wow.

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Where laypeople might be getting confused is the word "indictment". In legal terms that isn't a presumption of guilt or innocence. In legal terms an "indictment" merely says that law enforcement found enough there to put in front of a grand jury. A grand jury's job also is not intended to presume guilt or innocence, but to decide if there is enough evidence there to put in front of a trial jury which does determine guilt or innocence. Grand Juries are a safeguard for the court. When used properly what they do is act as a filter to insure that a regular jury that follows will gain a determination of guilt or innocence that will be harder to dispute in being over turned or re litigated.

When the DOJ says you cannot indict a sitting president, they are ALSO not presuming guilt or innocence, but saying only congress can act as the court. 

Mueller several times today said that Trump was not exonerated. And on the obstruction part of the report used the words "substantial evidence".

When assholes falsely argue " presumption of innocence" what they are missing, is that the mere act of collecting evidence isn't such. It is just a legal process to bring to a court and let the court decide. If the DOJ is going to argue that the office, regardless of whom occupies it, cannot be charged in a court, they are NOT arguing that the court cannot be congress which is what oversight means. It is why, if Nixon had not stepped down, he would have been impeached. Just like if Nixon had not been president, but broken into a rival company's business. 

And what I hated about today, is the lying asshole GOP kept on trying to confuse collusion/conspiracy with obstruction.

If law enforcement asks you a question, at best you have the legal right to keep your mouth shut. But, if you go beyond that, even outside their face to face questioning, and request others do not tell the truth, or try to fire key people involved in that, THAT IS OBSTRUCTION, regardless if you are successful or not.

Mueller said as much. If any other person had done the same, that person would be in front of a grand jury. Since you cannot indict a sitting president, your options are to IMPEACH (meaning the congress acts as the court) or you put him in front of a regular court after they leave office.

But there is enough there in that report to impeach, or to put him on trial after he leaves office.
It was on in my office but honestly there isnt much to get out of it. We shut it off.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(July 24, 2019 at 2:08 pm)Aegon Wrote: It was on in my office but honestly there isnt much to get out of it. We shut it off.

The hell you say?

If you want to say his base wont wake up, I agree with that.

But he most certainly is being the movie for those to lazy to read the book.
The Mueller hearings, specifically, don't apply to me.  In a more general sense, I would rather have boiling honey poured into both ears than watch government hearings.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 24, 2019 at 2:40 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The Mueller hearings, specifically, don't apply to me.  In a more general sense, I would rather have boiling honey poured into both ears than watch government hearings.

Boru

Globally speaking everyone should be concerned. When 50 former republican intel agents tell you not to elect the fucker, just remember, they were not just talking about national affairs, but global as well.
(July 24, 2019 at 2:47 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(July 24, 2019 at 2:40 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The Mueller hearings, specifically, don't apply to me.  In a more general sense, I would rather have boiling honey poured into both ears than watch government hearings.

Boru

Globally speaking everyone should be concerned. When 50 former republican intel agents tell you not to elect the fucker, just remember, they were not just talking about national affairs, but global as well.

Who said I'm not concerned?  I just said that I don't watch government hearings on telly.

You do realize that some of us avail ourselves of other sources of information, correct?

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I don't watch Youtube Interaktive 11 1035 December 31, 2022 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump is going to be reelected.... Jehanne 250 10286 January 21, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system Macoleco 23 2231 October 3, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I voted today. Brian37 17 885 October 25, 2020 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Anyone watch tonight's debate? Brian37 19 752 October 23, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Figbash
  Why I Might Watch The Next 'Debate' BrianSoddingBoru4 28 1520 October 22, 2020 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Anyone watch last night's debate? Brian37 9 795 September 30, 2020 at 9:28 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump rap: going hard WinterHold 0 347 June 30, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  I am going postal..... Brian37 12 1036 April 30, 2020 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Compare Joe Biden In 2012 To Him Today: Signs of Dementia Are Clear ReptilianPeon 11 1876 April 12, 2020 at 6:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII