Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This community might need an intervention.
This community might need an intervention.
I don't know when it started, but it seems we have a problem with someone making a stupid thread, and then everyone else decides to spam the forums with threads to similar titles. Because it's not enough that we have one dumb thread saying a certain group of people shouldn't be allowed in public. We need a dozen other mock threads too, filling up the scene.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

RE: This community might need an intervention.
[Image: get-off-my-lawn-gif-3.gif]
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I don't know what the OP is talking about.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
[Image: 25i9dr.jpg]
Nah, we just need to put all the spoof in one place:

This Community Might Need an Intention 

Humanity Might Need an Intervention

Commodities Might Need an Intervention

This Communication Might Need an Introlocution

This Condominium Might Need an Electrician

This Comedy Might Need an Intermission
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I refuse to kill the entire board.

I am willing to make a few sacrifices, though.

Smile
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 28, 2018 at 10:39 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I refuse to kill the entire board.

I am willing to make a few sacrifices, though.

Smile

How about a conjunction.  Or given the other thread titles a homogenization?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(February 28, 2018 at 10:27 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I don't know when it started, but it seems we have a problem with someone making a stupid thread, and then everyone else decides to spam the forums with threads to similar titles. Because it's not enough that we have one dumb thread saying a certain group of people shouldn't be allowed in public. We need a dozen other mock threads too, filling up the scene.

Buzz kill.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
I don't get it.

Oh, ok. I get it now.
[Image: 61658098.jpg]

Tongue Tongue Tongue
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Self disclosure breeds trust and community, no? Duty 31 3173 November 21, 2018 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: ignoramus