Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heads Up
Heads Up
Hello friends!

Since I am new to atheist forum culture, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not. I just wanted to let you all know that since my time log reveals that I have spent nearly twelve hours on here over the past couple of days, I must make my responses a bit less frequent so that I can complete the mountain of school and work assignments quickly piling up in my tiny apartment Dodgy . I am extremely grateful to all of you for allowing me to join your discussions, and a special thank you to everyone who took the time to help me out with my project! I appreciate the intelligent questions, answers, and dialogue. 

Since I am in the minority here, I likely will not be able to respond to everyone's questions at the moment; however, if anyone would like to ask me anymore specific questions or know more about me, I hope to do so as much as possible. Feel free to discuss here or PM me. 

Thanks!
RE: Heads Up
It's awesome to pursue high goals of religion. But it's disgusting and enraging that many theists find it right to drag in to THEIR extreme ambitions other people trough unproven arguments and blackmail using unproven hell. But seems that when your in the pain from pressure of your higher goals as theists, dragging and trolling non believers becomes some sort of God given pleasure theists like to embrace.

I saw theists smiling to non believers publicly but in private they discussed on how to brainwash non believers more effectively - "You start gently and slowly. But eventually you gain enough trust to plant hell fear - put a leash on the people in the name of God's glory".
(March 3, 2018 at 1:59 am)stretch3172 Wrote: Hello friends!

Since I am new to atheist forum culture, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not. I just wanted to let you all know that since my time log reveals that I have spent nearly twelve hours on here over the past couple of days, I must make my responses a bit less frequent so that I can complete the mountain of school and work assignments quickly piling up in my tiny apartment Dodgy . I am extremely grateful to all of you for allowing me to join your discussions, and a special thank you to everyone who took the time to help me out with my project! I appreciate the intelligent questions, answers, and dialogue. 

Since I am in the minority here, I likely will not be able to respond to everyone's questions at the moment; however, if anyone would like to ask me anymore specific questions or know more about me, I hope to do so as much as possible. Feel free to discuss here or PM me. 

Thanks!

We are not a "culture" FYI.

"atheist" merely means "off" on God/god/deity claims, that is it. Outside that we exist all over the world and have left every religion worldwide and we hold a variety of political economic views, we exist in every nation, we exist in every class too. Our degrees of education also vary. Don't make assumptions about us, if you want to know what an INDIVIDUAL thinks, ask that individual, we don't always agree on every issue all the time.
Hey Welcome!

I read your other thread. Lots of questions that I know others might answer. I hope you stick around. You seem like you want to engage in conversation and not just drop threads without responding. That's appreciated and will earn you some respect here.

Perhaps you can give our favorite theist here a run for her money and become another well liked theist among the forums.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(March 3, 2018 at 1:59 am)stretch3172 Wrote: Hello friends!

Thanks!

I really appreciate how you're respectful in threads willing to engage in dialogue. I think it's excellent to have reasonable people with different views on the forum.

Stick around and, like Joods said, you'll be runner-up for favorite theist Smile
(March 3, 2018 at 7:59 am)Joods Wrote: Hey Welcome!

I read your other thread. Lots of questions that I know others might answer. I hope you stick around. You seem like you want to engage in conversation and not just drop threads without responding. That's appreciated and will earn you some respect here.

Perhaps you can give our favorite theist here a run for her money and become another well liked theist among the forums.
I'm not the favorite theist? Well poop my pants!
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Well welcome!

You may find having an minority viewpoint interesting an expeience.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I'm with Joods.  stretch seems like a good guy.  He says his piece without being insulting. -- Even when taunted, I know, I tested him. I hope he sticks around a while.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Welcome, always nice to see a level headed theist roaming the boards.

Never mind our more cranky fellows, there are plenty of people here that are well versed in rational, intelligent discussion.

Hope you stick around!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---