Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q is an Atheist!
Q is an Atheist!
More accurately, John de Lancie who played him is. I never knew. He got kicked out of Sunday school for telling the teacher that none of the stuff made any sense and kicked out Cub Scouts for refusing to pray. Openly Secular
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
RE: Q is an Atheist!
(March 4, 2018 at 5:35 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: More accurately, John de Lancie who played him is. I never knew. He got kicked out of Sunday school for telling the teacher that none of the stuff made any sense and kicked out Cub Scouts for refusing to pray. Openly Secular

Q! Loved that character.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(March 4, 2018 at 5:35 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: More accurately, John de Lancie who played him is. I never knew. He got kicked out of Sunday school for telling the teacher that none of the stuff made any sense and kicked out Cub Scouts for refusing to pray. Openly Secular

Yup.  I can't remember where I read it, though.

Q is still one of the best characters from ST, and has some of the best lines.

"That's right! Blame Q! Heavy is the burden of being me!"
Dying to live, living to die.
The episodes with Q are my favorite.  What about Patrick Stewart? I couldn't find anything more than that he is a supporter of Humanist UK.
Star Trek: Voyager episode Death Wish remains a particular favorite Q episode of mine.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Best character ever.
(March 4, 2018 at 7:18 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Star Trek: Voyager episode Death Wish remains a particular favorite Q episode of mine.

Death Wish was AWESOME! Some of the later Voyager developments (like Q Jr.) were kinda "meh." It's between TNG All Good Things and Death Wish as the best Q episode.
Best character ever.
(March 4, 2018 at 6:04 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:

Yup.  I can't remember where I read it, though.

But I do Big Grin
https://atheistforums.org/thread-42831-page-5.html
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Don't forget to read the books!

Better yet, audiobooks, written and read by him?
https://www.audiobooks.com/audiobook/sta...n-iq/53824