Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet The Staff - Paul the Human
Meet The Staff - Paul the Human
Questions followed by answers. Were you expecting something else?

What lead you to join this forum?

I was looking for a place to read and partake in discussions about atheism and atheist issues. I looked at several different communities and, after a period of lurking, decided that atheistforums.org was the best fit for me. That's all there was to it.

What direction would you like to see this forum heading? Would you want to change some things and what would that be?

Hmm. I like it the way it is now, to be honest. I can't think of anything I'd like to see changed at this point.

Does the Pope protect pedophiles?

I don't think 'protecting pedophiles' is his actual intention or motivation... protecting the Catholic Church is. However, in his attempts to protect the church, I think he is providing protection to pedophiles... yes.

Which one do you have a greater love for: Yourself, the internet, or forum trolls?

Me, of course. I love me. I like the internet and find forum trolls amusing at times, but I don't love either of them.

Greatest 5 guitarists of all time?

It's not easy to narrow it down to five, but I'll try. I have a serious weakness for guitar players.

Stevie Ray Vaughn
Buddy Guy
Carlos Santana
Gary Moore
Joe Bonamassa
Kenny Wayne Shepherd (oops, that's six)

Greatest blues singers of all time?

B.B. King
Albert King
Johnny Lang
Muddy Waters
Noah Hunt

Last book you read?

The Gathering Storm (Book 12 of “The Wheel of Time” series) – by the late Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson. The greatest fantasy series ever written, hands down. This is the first book in the series that was written by Brandon Sanderson, who took over after Robert Jordan's death. Outstanding writers of fantasy fiction, the both of them.

Last book you wish you hadn't read?

Strange Magic – by Gord Rollo. It was cheap horror fiction and one of the worst books I have ever read.

How long have you been married?

I've been married to my current wife for 15 years (and 5 months), but I was married once before for a brief, but horrific, two years. My current wife, Christina, was my best friend for 5 years before we got together... so I'm speaking from experience when I say... Marry your best friend.

Biggest issue with Religion?

Corruption and greed are the biggest problems with organized religion, in my opinion. That and the knowing propagation of lies. (In case you missed it, I just accused 'Big Religion' of knowing that it is spreading lies in order to gain power and riches.)

Biggest issue with religious people?

Bigotry, hatred, intolerance, and and the apparently overwhelming desire to force their beliefs onto others, all of which is done in the name of their supposedly 'loving god'. Or, perhaps, the blind intellectual dishonesty and willing ignorance so many of them seem to be guilty of. No... it's the refusal to let me disbelieve in their fairy tales in peace.

If you were forced to wear polkadots.. what would be their color scheme?

Blue on black. (anyone get the reference?)

Do you like wearing polka dots?

No, sir... I don't like it. (anyone get the reference?)

Do you polka?

Ha! No, I don't polka, nor do I enjoy polka music. I do recall that my parents would take my sister and I to a local polka night now and then and that we really enjoyed it... but... you know... we were too young to know better.

What do you like most about atheistforums?

I like seeing others express similar views to my own, because I don't get that very much in the real world (The U.S. sucks for atheists), but I think what I like most is how much I've learned since I came here. There are an impressive number of people with an impressive amount of knowledge in this community and anyone that doesn't learn something here... wasn't paying attention.
RE: Meet The Staff - Paul the Human
Great stuff, Paul. I love getting to know you guys and gals through these.

P.S. I got the reference, I think. Tongue
RE: Meet The Staff - Paul the Human
Great answers... I think we need to have a private convo about your guitar player list though Smile j/k great choices
ahh I miss the days when I was far too young to watch ren&stimpy.
You know what we should do is have a meet the member... strictly voluntary basis of course.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Staff Log - Bannings, Reports, and Other Actions Darwinian 3270 762803 April 24, 2024 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New Staff Moderator The Valkyrie 20 1478 December 30, 2023 at 8:25 am
Last Post: no one
  Staff Changes BrianSoddingBoru4 32 6439 November 23, 2020 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  The "Report" button, and how not to treat your staff. Jackalope 71 28079 February 9, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Guidelines for Staff Correspondence Shell B 3 1324 June 8, 2018 at 11:48 am
Last Post: brewer
  Get to know your staff [UPDATED] Losty 534 43319 February 16, 2018 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Staff Interviews - Tiberius Tiberius 103 13968 November 19, 2016 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Staff Interviews - Losty (Plus our NEW YouTube channel!) Tiberius 72 16055 November 5, 2016 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Staff Interviews - Stimbo Tiberius 33 6383 October 13, 2016 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Staff Interviews - robvalue Tiberius 81 10198 October 6, 2016 at 2:45 am
Last Post: robvalue