Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man loses custody for being "Agnostic"
Man loses custody for being "Agnostic"
Wtf?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ww1AilSJ...r_embedded
RE: Man loses custody for being "Agnostic"
That is disgusting. Something must be done!
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
This is horrifying. This utterly violates every right this man has as a father to raise his own children.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
That is awful, I didn't realize Indiana was so backwards.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
This is one asshole judge and he certainly should appeal.

But Indiana isn't far above Mississippi when it comes to having a lot of shithead xtians around.
(November 23, 2010 at 7:20 pm)Jaysyn Wrote: That is awful, I didn't realize Indiana was so backwards.

I didn't either until Indiana voted Dan Coats into office. (I live in Indiana).
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Outrageous... which is to say... I am outraged about this! Man, I hate this fucking country.
(November 23, 2010 at 7:20 pm)Jaysyn Wrote: That is awful, I didn't realize Indiana was so backwards.

It produced Dan Quayle, didn't it? They don't call it "hoosier momma, hoosier daddy" for nuthin!
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Don't forget it was Indiana, not Mississippi or Alabama, that sported the highest Ku Klux Klan penetration of any state in US history, with a membership roll covering 30% of the state's adult male population. Also don't forget Indiana was the headquarter of the Klan organization covering 22 Northern state, or that the Grand Dragon of Indiana KKK and selfstyled "defender of protestant womanhood" traveled around the state in his own private railroad carriage, before bringing about his own downfall by raping a slew of women in the railcar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._C._Stephenson
Is it just my perception or has atheist/agnostic become the "new" issue for christians? We all know that the churches need to keep those dollars and change coming in, which means they need a subject to stir up the passion.
The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein