Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In space, water freezes from the bottom up
In space, water freezes from the bottom up
Did anyone make it all the way through episode 1 of the Lost In Space remake on netflix?

We thought it sucked.
RE: In space, water freezes from the bottom up
Didn't know there was a remake.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Thanks for the tip.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(April 16, 2018 at 3:48 pm)alpha male Wrote: Did anyone make it all the way through episode 1 of the Lost In Space remake on netflix?

We thought it sucked.

All politics aside.

I honestly think Hollywood has long since run out of new ideas.

In recent years we've seen reboots of "The Odd Couple", "The A Team", shit, even "The Shape of Water" takes off of "The Creature From The Black Lagoon." I cant get past the New Hawaii Five 0 either.

"A Quiet Place" also seems to be mimicking " Predator".

There really are not that many ways in reality, to tell the same stories.

"Good vs evil"

"Overcoming adversity"

"Underdog" motif.

"Finding love"

"Sacrifice for the bigger picture"

But the same can be said for every religion. 

It all to me points to the same thing, humans trying to make excuses to be on top
The Orville to me is a rare exception. Easily better and more fun to watch than the latest ST reboot.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Just finished episode 2. We're enjoying it.

Personally never saw the original series or the film, although husband has and thought the film was crap.
I enjoyed it (i'm on episode 2 too) , but I'm watching it for sheer fun and drama.
I would never treat a sci-fi remake, especially one made to be a T.V./Streaming series as serious science, it's pure fantasy and entertainment, I watch it that way.
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
I've seen the first few.  I don't think it's horrid, but then I went in with REALLY low expectations.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I shut it off about 20 minutes in.  Way too "Perils of Pauline-ish" and lacks the humor of Jonathan Harris in the original.
Funny - Jonathan Harris was one of the things that turned me off of the original.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laughs from Bikini Bottom Shell B 29 1203 December 1, 2018 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Loving the New Lost in Space AFTT47 3 365 June 17, 2018 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  50th anniversary of "Space Odyssey" Fake Messiah 16 1781 April 6, 2018 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama