Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loving the New Lost in Space
Loving the New Lost in Space
Yes, I'm old enough to be very familiar with the original - which was IMO, the most utterly bizarre thing to ever appear on television. It became a bit of a cult classic because of how utterly absurd and bad it was. In the penultimate episode, (The Great Vegetable Rebellion) the actors (especially Mark Goddard as Major West) constantly turn away from the camera to hide the fact that they can't keep a straight face during the filming. They were astonished at how ridiculous the writing was.

There was a movie based on the original concept in (I think) 1997 and I thought it was pretty good. It never led to anything further though.

Now, Netflix has made a series based on the original concept and I am very impressed. It's everything the original could have been had not Irwin Allen been spread so thin by multiple projects that he allowed Jonathan Harris (the original Dr. Smith) to take over the show and turn it into an absolute farce.

This new iteration is very good science fiction and drama IMO. I recommend anyone who likes good sci-fi to give it a look.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
RE: Loving the New Lost in Space
We enjoyed it too!
Yeah, I binge watch the whole first season ... Love it!

(But we'll be waiting ages for S02! I hate the new Dr Smith even more because this one is far more sinister! great actor)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 17, 2018 at 8:33 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Yeah, I binge watch the whole first season ... Love it!

(But we'll be waiting ages for S02! I hate the new Dr Smith even more because this one is far more sinister! great actor)

The original Dr. Smith was about as despicable a character as anyone could imagine - but it was obvious to anyone what he was. The new one is just as despicable but she is a far-better con-artist. She is much better at concealing her true nature which makes her much more dangerous.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lost Love (poem) Foxaèr 12 1166 February 4, 2023 at 12:20 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  In space, water freezes from the bottom up John V 14 849 April 17, 2018 at 11:30 am
Last Post: John V
  50th anniversary of "Space Odyssey" Fake Messiah 16 1806 April 6, 2018 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Playing God: The Loving Psychopath Erinome 14 7099 February 10, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  How The Ever-Loving FUCK! BrianSoddingBoru4 23 5044 December 21, 2016 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  For those who liked the show "Lost" Foxaèr 1 548 June 18, 2016 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The day the world of satire lost a Fortune Cyberman 0 508 January 1, 2014 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Paradise Lost Chad32 7 1238 December 23, 2013 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor