Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weighting the Cherries.
Weighting the Cherries.
from the KJB
Quote:Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.

Theists, I know the bible is a rule book on how to live our lives.
I also know that in today's modern age, we've abandoned some bits because ...because we don't want to go to jail!

I want to know what guides you in your bible cherry picking? Your parents? Your priest? Your own morals! (god forbid!)?
And when you do cherry pick the non moralistic rules, how confident are you that God also doesn't mind what you're ignoring from HIS book?
Maybe God frowns down on murder just as much as wearing mixed fabrics?
On what authority do you know otherwise? From another man? You mean God hasn't told you it's OK to wear mixed fabrics? You are so brave in my book!

I agree, why stop at BONDS polycotton undies.
If we're gonna burn, let's do it properly!
Why not cherry pick the shit out of it till there's nothing left then? The burn isn't going get any hotter is it?

Let the walls of the fallacy dam burst right open!

Indeed!
Dodgy
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Weighting the Cherries.
But, Jesus!
Atheist response to cherry-picking:  'So-called "holy scriptures" were written by ignorant barbarians who didn't understand the world around them and were terrified by it. Modern believers pick and choose the bits they like and ignore the rest because they don't understand the world around them and are terrified by it.'

Theistic response to cherry-picking: 'The nice scriptures are from God the Father and following them makes us better people.  The icky bits were sneaked into the [insert name of appropriate myth collection here] by the Great Deceiver and were put there to trap us.  Thus, ignoring what makes us uncomfortable is another way to show our devotion to God.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Atheists make way better apologists if you ask me!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
"Weighing".
Thankfully, there's no rule against wearing your victims skin. Properly moisturized, of course. It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again... Big Grin
I believe in life before death.
Depends on who is ignoring a Scripture. As we are seeing these days, a new hero for the Fundamentalists and Evangelicals has arisen, our new president, and he's rather serious about being a philanderer and adulterer. And now we find those Fundamentalist and Evangelical supporters rapidly conferring sacramental status on illicit sexual congress.

It just comes down to who is doing the sinning and whether or not it's worth it to the Christians to kick Jesus in the groin again.

And don't worry about Jesus, He always falls in line behind His 'followers'. He knows better than to upset the apple cart.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 18, 2018 at 8:24 am)Antares Wrote: Thankfully, there's no rule against wearing your victims skin. Properly moisturized, of course. It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again... Big Grin

I would say that if the victims skin had one or more tattoos on it you would not be allowed to wear it.

Unless, of course, Trump said it was OK.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

According to some Christians, though not all Christians know this, is that Old Testament law is meant only for Jewish people.

Except that Jesus, in the New Testament (laws of which Christians are supposed to follow), mentions he did not come to abolish the old laws but to uphold them.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Paul's sales pitch to the Gentiles is the decisive factor, here.