Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nirvana
Nirvana
Thought that someday this endless loop of fear, anger, regret will end permanently warms my heart.
RE: Nirvana
(April 19, 2018 at 10:01 am)purplepurpose Wrote: Thought that someday this endless loop of fear, anger, regret will end permanently warms my heart.

I think death is distinct from nirvana.
(April 19, 2018 at 10:36 am)Alexmahone Wrote:
(April 19, 2018 at 10:01 am)purplepurpose Wrote: Thought that someday this endless loop of fear, anger, regret will end permanently warms my heart.

I think death is distinct from nirvana.

Pretty close, I think.
From what I understand, it's unclear whether nibbana means an extinguishing of life and mind, or just a state free of Dukkha.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Only in Seattle.
(April 19, 2018 at 10:53 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: From what I understand, it's unclear whether nibbana means an extinguishing of life and mind, or just a state free of Dukkha.

Hmm. If all life is Dukkha then truly the only state free of Dukkha is death?
If you're in an endless loop of fear, anger, and regret..perhaps you should talk to someone in -this- life..rather than waiting for it to end?  

It has this habit of dragging on and on for decades. Worth looking into, is all I'm saying.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
You can attain a state of blissful Nirvana if you can ignore your parents suffering, your own penis/ clitoris, hunger, financial needs, desire for education, bitchy spouse, children and their ear infections car that needs a $1100 torque convertor, the aphids on your tomatos and camellia bush, back pain, job stress, daily news, thinking, urges for good food and wine, pending bankruptcy and boss who wants to fire you, time spent listening to Kiss and Jimmy Buffett that you can't get a refund on, Trump, war, chemical weapons, global warming, plastics in the oceans, the last White Rhino, White Supremacists, White Nationalists, can't  finish watching "House of Cards" because Spacy is a creep, the song "Creep", Michelob Ultra, edema, reactive airway disease, $4 Starbucks coffee drink that has undertones of cat piss, Mother who tells you "You never finish anything" even though you have been working in the same field for 15 years, the band Journey, corn dogs with ketchup, ketchup, Fargo North Dakota,  the Bush family,helicopter rides through the Grand Canyon, Asian Carp in Kentucky, 100,000 year old Artic ice melting, Putin and Assad, Gold Plated Dumpster Fires, Johnny Cash covering Soundgarden, cupcakes with more frosting than cake, Egg McMuffins, Sommeliers asking you to sniff a plastic cork, Special K cereal, Band-Aids with cartoon figures, Negan ain't dead yet, Eugene is a weasel, box wines all you can afford, facebook friends assume you will  join a fundraiser for their church group trip to Honduras, prunes now a part of your steady diet, and venous stasis! 

If you can ignore all that shit, maybe Nirvana is just for youl
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Lure me into your thread with the promise of grunge, how dare you.

"Nirvana" is simply a different type of superstitious bribe and false promise of peace like heaven, except without a deity.

The recycle until you get it right, superstition, is still another form of getting the hamster on the wheel to chase a fictional carrot.