Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawyers need to go
Lawyers need to go
Aren't judges enough for deciding what should be legally done?

I personally think the world would be better without lawyers.

At one time, in the past, that lawyer commercials were not allowed on television.

In my honest opinion, the lawyer commercials need to go the way of cigarette commercials.

Lawyers need to become obsolete.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Lawyers need to go
No. This is a bad idea, and you should feel bad for suggesting it.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
No. Give me a good reason other than you thinking it's a bad idea.
~ Erin Hunter
Everyone deserves a fair hearing... without lawyers the legal system would be unfair and corrupt (or even more so than normal anyways).

(April 28, 2018 at 8:16 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: No.  Give me a good reason other than you thinking it's a bad idea.

Here's a good reason: Learn about Law any why lawyers exist.

I can't even lie if I try (O.C.D. reasons) but I bet I'd probably make a good lawyer if I learned enough about it. There are other ways to defend people.

Sure there are lawyers that are lying corrupt assholes but... lawyers get a bad rap. It's just like cops: sure there are corrupt cops. But they aren't all like that. They get a bad rap too.

Not as easy as it looks.
(April 28, 2018 at 8:17 pm)Hammy Wrote: Everyone deserves a fair hearing... without lawyers the legal system would be unfair and corrupt (or even more so than normal anyways).

(April 28, 2018 at 8:16 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: No.  Give me a good reason other than you thinking it's a bad idea.

Here's a good reason: Learn about Law.

Judges know more than lawyers. Wouldn't the system be better suited without the two lawyers arguing?
~ Erin Hunter
You want reasons:

Judge Jean Boyd
Judge Aaron Persky
Judge Kurt Eisgruber
Judge Jeneaine Howard

You're giving judges WAY too much power, not to mention police too much power. Imagine being questioned without an attorney present. You've basically made a way for 99% of people to be charged with a crime--guilty or not--to be prosecuted.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
(April 28, 2018 at 8:19 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(April 28, 2018 at 8:17 pm)Hammy Wrote: Everyone deserves a fair hearing... without lawyers the legal system would be unfair and corrupt (or even more so than normal anyways).

Here's a good reason: Learn about Law.

Judges know more than lawyers.  Wouldn't the system be better suited without the two lawyers arguing?

No... without disagreement it's impossible to ever get objectivity and fairness.
(April 28, 2018 at 8:22 pm)Divinity Wrote: You want reasons:

Judge Jean Boyd
Judge Aaron Persky
Judge Kurt Eisgruber
Judge Jeneaine Howard

You're giving judges WAY too much power, not to mention police too much power. Imagine being questioned without an attorney present. You've basically made a way for 99% of people to be charged with a crime--guilty or not--to be prosecuted.

Names are not reasons.

(April 28, 2018 at 8:22 pm)Hammy Wrote:
(April 28, 2018 at 8:19 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: Judges know more than lawyers.  Wouldn't the system be better suited without the two lawyers arguing?

No... without disagreement it's impossible to ever get objectivity and fairness.

I disagree.

How is objectivity and fairness obtained from atheist arguing with theists?
~ Erin Hunter
(April 28, 2018 at 8:23 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: Names are not reasons.

Did you fucking gloss over the rest of my post, or did you simply choose not to read it?
(April 28, 2018 at 8:24 pm)Divinity Wrote:
(April 28, 2018 at 8:23 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: Names are not reasons.

Did you fucking gloss over the rest of my post, or did you simply choose not to read it?

You should have provided something of better importance.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Lawyers Minimalist 2 719 July 28, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Angrboda