Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Usernames
Heart 
Usernames
I searched the forums and found that over a year ago someone had started a thread about usernames and where people got them, but it only got 2 pages worth of responses. So...let's try again! Names have always been an interest of mine, possibly because I spent most of my school life in a classroom with at least 2 or 3 other people with my same first name (there were six Rachel's altogether when I was going through elementary/primary school). On the internet though, we get to choose our identities, so...

Where did you get your username? Why did you pick it? I want to see as many responses as possible. Big Grin

My username came from a writer friend of mine. It was winter, and we were stupidly arguing about the season (as long-time buddies do)...he loves winter, and I hate it the whole cold, wet, dratted mess of it. I was very depressed at the time, and he sent me a rose and told me I was his once and future Summer Queen. It stuck, especially when I found the Albert Camus quote, "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Usernames
Mine is just an id assigned to me from an old school id system.

I've been using it since.
The Leo part in my username is pretty self evident.

The RCC part has nothing to do with the Roman Catholic Church, but the Roosendaalse Computer Club (Roosendaal being the place where I used to live). Our robotwars team used to be a part of the RCC, hence the Team-RCC website.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
My username came from my love for the word chasm. The word fits me. There is also a ton of songs, books, poems, movies, etc. with "chasm" in the title. I love a lot of those things.
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
I used to run/play at an interactive storytelling site (an RP forum) that was fantasy based. Most of my characters were of the elvish persuasion... and I had quite a handful of them. Rather than choosing one of my character names to post as myself, I chose an OOC (Out Of Character) posting name using my real first name. I added the 'the Human' part to distinguish it from my elven characters. Paul the Human is the player behind the character. It stuck and I have carried it over into other kinds of forums.
To put it simply: it's my first name.
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!
I chose mine because I love mushrooms. I used to grow psilocyben cubensis in my room and rhizomorphic(strandy, coarse) growth is the most favorable type of mycelium to maximize the production of pinheads that will eventually become fruitbodies, the mushroom looking part of the mushroom. I added 13 because it is my favorite number. I used to use just Rhizomorph but there are a few other people who have claimed that on other sites so I added a number.
I think Voids are the coolest things in the known universe, for instance the void between the particles in a nucleus of an atom accounts for up to 70% of it's mass. This energy is just knocking about in there but it seems totally sparse. Cosmic voids are over 98% of space Smile
(November 30, 2010 at 4:40 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: I chose mine because I love mushrooms.

They're incredibly interesting, that's for sure.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I chose mine because I'm a god. Big Grin
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Of my usernames so far Foxaèr 11 555 June 12, 2021 at 11:06 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  Usernames you might have used? Gawdzilla Sama 36 5303 June 29, 2018 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  [split] Usernames derail - Starring_Emma Starring_Emma 22 12463 January 3, 2011 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13