Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Usernames you might have used?
Usernames you might have used?
I like my nick, but there were other candidates:

Bill Caxton
Truzuzenzex 
the wrong guy
Alligator Tummy
Virginal Reality Model
FOAD
RE: Usernames you might have used?
The only other online name I've ever had:  GodsLeftTesticle.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I've considered going back to apophenia....
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I picked my current user name because it makes me feel good.
Little Lunch is the first break at school where you get to play with friends and escape the boring classroom.
So if I had to pick another name it would be in the same vein.
Rain forest.
Ocean Wave.
Pie and peas.
Trifle at X-mas.
Country Side.
Afternoon Delight. :-)

If it weren't rather obscure, I might choose Boru's choice of a new name for me, Angrboða, which, as Wikipedia explains, "In Norse mythology, Angrboða or Angrboda (Old Norse "the one who brings grief" or "she-who-offers-sorrow") is a female jötunn (giantess). In the Poetic Edda, Angrboða is mentioned only in Völuspá hin skamma (found in Hyndluljóð) as the mother of Fenrir by Loki. However, in the Prose Edda book Gylfaginning, she is referred to as a "giantess in Jötunheimr" and said also to be the mother of Fenrir's siblings Jörmungandr (the Midgard Serpent) and Hel."

Then again, I might just choose it for its obscurity. It would be an appealing choice for use on a religious forum.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(June 3, 2018 at 8:31 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: If it weren't rather obscure, I might choose Boru's choice of a new name for me, Angrboða, which, as Wikipedia explains, "In Norse mythology, Angrboða or Angrboda (Old Norse "the one who brings grief" or "she-who-offers-sorrow") is a female jötunn (giantess). In the Poetic Edda, Angrboða is mentioned only in Völuspá hin skamma (found in Hyndluljóð) as the mother of Fenrir by Loki. However, in the Prose Edda book Gylfaginning, she is referred to as a "giantess in Jötunheimr" and said also to be the mother of Fenrir's siblings Jörmungandr (the Midgard Serpent) and Hel."

Then again, I might just choose it for its obscurity.  It would be an appealing choice for use on a religious forum.

No so obscure now that you've explained it, though.  Big Grin

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I've had six username changes since I've been a member here.

Mr Infidel
Maelstrom
Kitanetos
Kitan
Maelstrom
Lutrinae

When I was deciding on Kit, if I was not able to get the username I would have chosen something like Mister Kit or Mr Kit.
(June 3, 2018 at 9:05 am)Kit Wrote: I've had six username changes since I've been a member here.

Mr Infidel
Maelstrom
Kitanetos
Kitan
Maelstrom
Lutrinae

When I was deciding on Kit, if I was not able to get the username I would have chosen something like Mister Kit or Mr Kit.

Shirley you would have gone with "Master Kit"?
I'm always captain awesome. Never thought of being anyone else.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
jerryc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2025 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  You might be crazy if… BrokenQuill92 22 1034 December 28, 2021 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Of my usernames so far Foxaèr 11 538 June 12, 2021 at 11:06 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  I might be Brisbane bound again.. Brian37 72 5203 April 27, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Guest shots that might not go so well... Gawdzilla Sama 33 2571 August 22, 2018 at 5:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I used Uber for the first time today Foxaèr 5 1126 April 11, 2018 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Antares
  Do We Have AF Members in Spain (Who Might Want to Meet Us) Jenny A 3 1281 April 2, 2018 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  I Used To Be A Fan But I Am Now Shocked, Disgusted And Appalled With Sam Harris Edwardo Piet 127 26054 March 23, 2018 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  We might be moving to Germany! Aroura 110 15580 July 6, 2017 at 1:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  If you have an android phone you should read this. #5 is the most shocking. ErGingerbreadMandude 7 1946 December 18, 2016 at 1:14 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude