Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass Extinction!
Mass Extinction!
http://au.news.yahoo.com/odd/a/-/odd/842...ans-choke/

Quote:"Ocean ecosystems are in a lot of trouble and it all bears the hallmarks of human interference."
RE: Mass Extinction!
(December 1, 2010 at 2:25 am)ib.me.ub Wrote: http://au.news.yahoo.com/odd/a/-/odd/842...ans-choke/

Quote:"Ocean ecosystems are in a lot of trouble and it all bears the hallmarks of human interference."

Indeed are in the amidst of a mass extinction event the likes which have not been seen since the extinction of the dinosaurs.
undefined
Watch all the fucking xtians pray for the oceans to get better.

And watch all the fucking muslims throw rocks at the ocean to teach it a lesson.
(December 1, 2010 at 3:25 am)Minimalist Wrote: Watch all the fucking xtians pray for the oceans to get better.

And watch all the fucking muslims throw rocks at the ocean to teach it a lesson.

ROFLOL
undefined
(December 1, 2010 at 3:25 am)Minimalist Wrote: Watch all the fucking xtians pray for the oceans to get better.

At least if one throws enough stones into ocean, one could theoretically change the topography of the ocean floor and make some difference to how the ocean works. That surely beats Durius ordering the water of the strait of be flogged with 500 lashes for daring to turn rough and sinking his pontoon bridge, and infinitely better than the dynamic and proactive act of praying.

Some geologists have proposed that we call the next epoch the "weshouldhavecene".
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
(December 1, 2010 at 5:50 am)orogenicman Wrote: Some geologists have proposed that we call the next epoch the "weshouldhavecene".

How about "itdidnthavetobecene", or "ifonlywedidcene"?
Can it be 'Yoda-style'?

Itcomingwecene.

Smile

(Should have a contest for best name. With prizes.)
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
I see you are all trying to turn this into a joke but... I am genuinely sad. I feel a sort of kinship to the ocean and it's myriad of life.

May the history of the Earth's beloved Ocean rest in peace and may we remember this horrific time in our history.

Sad
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
[youtube]eScDfYzMEEw[/youtube]
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass extinction date set by science. ignoramus 74 19123 October 29, 2017 at 1:33 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Exclamation Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over? theBorg 26 4603 August 18, 2016 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  New study on mass extinction of species abaris 19 5284 June 21, 2015 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf