Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Civilized trial thread
Civilized trial thread
You want to see if this works? Let's do a trial thread here. I know, I know, while not fully representative of what is being suggested, but this should be some start.

Let's debate the overdone subject of the existence of the Abrahamic god ... civilly.

I'll start with a simple question for our resident theists:

Even if it was reasonable to believe some classical god exists, give me one good reason why it has to be the Abrahamic god worshiped by Jews, Christians, and Muslims.
RE: Civilized trial thread
[insert absence of swear words here. Absence of swear words inserted]
Fuck.  Can't do it.
Okay let's all pretend Min is booted and pretend not to laugh when he swears throughout the whole thread. Deal?
(May 3, 2018 at 7:04 pm)Hammy Wrote: Okay let's all pretend Min is booted and pretend not to laugh when he swears throughout the whole thread. Deal?

Min would sooo not be in. Big Grin
(May 3, 2018 at 6:57 pm)Grandizer Wrote: You want to see if this works? Let's do a trial thread here. I know, I know, while not fully representative of what is being suggested, but this should be some start.

Let's debate the overdone subject of the existence of the Abrahamic god ... civilly.

Even if it was reasonable to believe some classical god exists, give me one good reason why it has to be the Abrahamic god worshiped by Jews, Christians, and Muslims.

If only it worked that way. The trial is not here, but in creating a safe space.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 3, 2018 at 7:12 pm)Kit Wrote:
(May 3, 2018 at 6:57 pm)Grandizer Wrote: You want to see if this works? Let's do a trial thread here. I know, I know, while not fully representative of what is being suggested, but this should be some start.

If only it worked that way.  The trial is not here, but in creating a safe space.

Shush, the theists don't want us to think it's meant to be a safe space. Wink
(May 3, 2018 at 7:13 pm)Grandizer Wrote:
(May 3, 2018 at 7:12 pm)Kit Wrote: If only it worked that way.  The trial is not here, but in creating a safe space.

Shush, the theists don't want us to think it's meant to be a safe space. Wink

They've stated as such. Or do I just read into things differently?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Time to start again from fresh. I messed up myself already. Starting from now, I will try my best to be serious and really, really civil in this thread.

You've offended my sensibilities by stating that it's open to "debate".

Please close this thread.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Snowflake trial thread I_am_not_mafia 36 2293 May 9, 2018 at 11:31 am
Last Post: SaStrike