Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My view and reasons for them. Atheist and Christians welcome here. (short)
My view and reasons for them. Atheist and Christians welcome here. (short)
I find this forum to be much of a dance (Re: christians being here [haven't run into any muslims yet])... I find whatever one's beliefs, one must learn the steps, and in that there is an inherent flaw: people are not thinking for themselves.

My opinion is this: You have been taught the steps, what more is your belief than that? I don't believe many people thought up the idea there is no God on their own since historically speaking, humans have believed a God exists. So I don't think they came to the conclusion themselves, but that this is something that is taught (or worse, they are simply believing in an antithesis). The point here is that people are not thinking for themselves. I will say I am not a hypocrite in this manner considering I came to the only reasonable conclusion I could make, which is that in the debate of whether God is real or not, I find the only reasonable explanation is that I don't know, which leads me to thinking that because there is a debate about God in the first place that someone somewhere must be on to something a long time ago, which leads me to believing everything is miraculous and everything is God.
But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change, 
and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence. 
~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'
RE: My view and reasons for them. Atheist and Christians welcome here. (short)
Big Grin 

Isn't it convenient that all religitards everywhere manage to get born into a culture which just so happens to follow the One True Religion?  Almost miraculous.
(May 6, 2018 at 1:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Big Grin 

Isn't it convenient that all religitards everywhere manage to get born into a culture which just so happens to follow the One True Religion?  Almost miraculous.

I'm not religious.
So I was first indoctrinated to be a Lutheran and then some how, someone in my 99% christian community deprogrammed then reprogrammed me?

I'll tell you this, the best deprogramming came from the church, the churchies and bible.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 6, 2018 at 2:07 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: So I was first indoctrinated to be a Lutheran and then some how, someone in my 99% christian community deprogrammed then reprogrammed me?

I'll tell you this, the best deprogramming came from the church, the churchies and bible.

Ironically, that is what turned me off to the christian faith as well. I mentioned some people simply believing in the antithesis. This is exactly what I was talking about.

TBH, I would prefer questions about what I believe rather than snide one offers. I mean if one is being skeptical about, well, life I guess, that is what I would expect.
(May 6, 2018 at 1:52 pm)Quick Wrote: My opinion is this: You have been taught the steps, what more is your belief than that? I don't believe many people thought up the idea there is no God on their own since historically speaking, humans have believed a God exists. So I don't think they came to the conclusion themselves, but that this is something that is taught (or worse, they are simply believing in an antithesis). The point here is that people are not thinking for themselves.....

[Image: cloud-shades.jpg]

“We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.” ~ Anaïs Nin
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(May 6, 2018 at 2:10 pm)Quick Wrote:
(May 6, 2018 at 2:07 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: So I was first indoctrinated to be a Lutheran and then some how, someone in my 99% christian community deprogrammed then reprogrammed me?

Ironically, that is what turned me off to the christian faith as well. I mentioned some people simply believing in the antithesis. This is exactly what I was talking about.

TBH, I would prefer questions about what I believe rather than snide one offers. I mean if one is being skeptical about, well, life I guess, that is what I would expect.

Are you not skeptical about some areas of life? Did you maybe mean cynical (the snide one offers/liners comment)?

It could be that you and I are not completely understanding each other.
(May 6, 2018 at 2:21 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(May 6, 2018 at 2:10 pm)Quick Wrote: Ironically, that is what turned me off to the christian faith as well. I mentioned some people simply believing in the antithesis. This is exactly what I was talking about.

Are you not skeptical about some areas of life? Did you maybe mean cynical (the snide one offers/liners comment)?

I hope we are not understanding each other. That would be best.

I think there are things that I take as a given because I am hardwired to think that way and has nothing to do with the free will I have chosen, if that is what you are asking?
I was told to believe in God from a very young age. No one ever told me to stop believing in god. That came mostly from reading the Bible and realizing that the god I had been believing in made no sense. From there, I never really had any interest in other gods. I feel certain that an abrahamic god does not exist, as to other gods, I don’t see any reason to believe in one but mostly I just don’t care if one exists or not.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(May 6, 2018 at 2:31 pm)Quick Wrote:
(May 6, 2018 at 2:21 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Are you not skeptical about some areas of life? Did you maybe mean cynical (the snide one offers/liners comment)?

I hope we are not understanding each other. That would be best.

I think there are things that I take as a given because I am hardwired to think that way and has nothing to do with the free will I have chosen, if that is what you are asking?

Conversation over. Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jews view of Jesus themonkeyman 12 4854 December 15, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: theyear12013
  Jodo Shinshu view on faith TheViolentFemme 11 4323 June 12, 2013 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: John V