Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's analyze dreams!!!
Let's analyze dreams!!!
Don't know if this is the right section, but there is no psychology section (which is a shame really) so I will post it here.

Got the idea from here:

(May 12, 2018 at 8:09 pm)Little lunch Wrote: I just had this dream where I was living next to a service station that had dogs for hire.
The dogs were shackled to the roof, above the fuel bowsers, by their front legs with the rest of their bodies hanging.
It was obviously painful for the dogs and they were howling and whimpering.
I told the next door neighbour that I was going to ring the RSPCA.
When I started to ring, my phone call started to go through the PA system in the service station.
So I hung up because I didn't want them to know it was me that dobbed them in.
I decided to go to the park to ring and I grabbed my daughter's small push bike and rode there.
As I was starting to make the call again I turned around to see a fat bikie dude stealing my daughter's bike.
I chased after him, got around the corner and there were fifty of them, all riding little girl's push bikes.
So I backed off. Bad fucking neighbourhood.

I have a few dreams I can share.

Dream #1:

This dream begins in a forest. I am accompanied by another man. There is a hill. Trees are relatively spaced out. The hill has very few trees on it.

We are in the forest and I would say my companion is about 20 ft. away from me. On the edge of the hill that seems to be not much more than a 20 ft. high mound that spreads about 50-100 ft. He all the sudden tells me to be very quiet. IDK why. And then I hear a grizzly bear. I go to the other side of the hill to get out of sight of the grizzly bear and I see a small girl in a dress. About 2/3 down the hill there is a hole in the hill that leads underneath the hill. I tell the girl to go down in the hole and come out from the other side because of the bear. Then my dream becomes a bit foggy. I go up the hill and see my companion and he is spying now not on a bear but on a gorilla. Then at some point I am viewing things from a kind of all knowing state of 3rd person. I know the girl who went down in the hole is now safe. I then know that my companion has also gone down into the hole to flee from the gorilla. I see him go into the hole and then go back into my body. I then see the gorilla go down into the hole. Thinking the gorilla was a threat and wanting to trap it in the hole I see there is a lid for the hole and I shut the lid to the hole. I then hear a scream from my companion and I know he is done for. Then I wake up. When I wake up (not sure I was really awake or not) I feel a tail go across the top of my head much like a snake. I then fully awake and it is 5:30 AM.

Dream #2

It started with me needing to get into a safe to get some coins. I was able to accomplish this. Then I was teleported (the mind does this it wasn't actually teleportation) and I had to give the coins back to the person who I got them from. I found myself in a kind of dungeon/maze thing where there were specific things you had to do to get to the next room. In some of the rooms, I had to use the coins in some kind of contraption to get to the next room. It was kinda like a game or something.. not sure, but the coins acted like a kind of key. I had gone through several rooms at this point and I was using the coins on a contraption and I heard people coming. I at this point got nervous - even afraid that they were going to take the coins away from me for some reason that I wasn't known. I hurried the coins through the contraption and made it to the next room and then they found me. They took some guns out and told me to give them the coins. I tried to explain that I had to give them back to the owner, but they didn't listen, they just threatened me more. As I was about to take the coins out of my pocket, I noticed how heavy they were. They were dark grey with specks of black on them. They had holes in them all over and in the middle they had a bar where it was solid that said 5,000. Then I woke up.

Dream #3

It started when I was with my ex and a few other of my close friends. We were trying to get to something important (can't remember what that was). My ex then pulled something from somewhere and then it turned into like a huge strawberry (or a hunk of flesh, not sure). Some ominous man shows up and tells us when the hunk of flesh disappears then something bad happens to me (don't recall what). I ended up getting the hunk of flesh and I was holding it in my arms on my forearms and it started to disintegrate into dust (or ash don't know which) slowly. For some reason there was something we had to do before the hunk of flesh fully disintegrated. So we decide as a group where we should go next. Where we end up to try and solve my problem, the same thing ends up happening but this time instead of being me that the bad thing happens to when the hunk of flesh disintegrates but one of my friends. They had to carry what they had (it was not the same thing for whatever reason). Meanwhile, the thing I am carrying is getting smaller and smaller. So now we have two people dealing with whatever (time constraints). Then the same thing happens and this time it's my brother. Then the end of my dream was me being in paralyzing anxiety watching the flesh (that is now about as big as a cherry) disintegrate in front of my eyes. Then I wake up.

Very strange dream.

If anyone has any interpretations to these dreams, I'd love to hear your take on them.
But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change, 
and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence. 
~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'
RE: Let's analyze dreams!!!
Life Sciences category...

mods?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
OK, if the mods want to move it there, that would be fine.
But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change, 
and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence. 
~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'
I always assume that all dreams are about getting laid.
by our mother?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Most of mine are anxiety related, being lost, being chased, unfamiliar work/job, naked in public, .......... My worst was me having brain surgery, part way thru the docs tell me that they can't continue because the cancer is to extensive and then they hand me the  scalpel and set up a mirror. 

One of my few color dreams.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I mentioned this one before:

I'm paralyzed by giant spiders that proceed to eat my face
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 12, 2018 at 9:12 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I mentioned this one before:

I'm paralyzed by giant spiders that proceed to eat my face

Analysis: Sick Brain.

Next.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Moderator Notice
moved thread to Lifestyle & Personal Matters per request

carry on, all, and enjoy

V
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 12, 2018 at 8:32 pm)Quick Wrote: Don't know if this is the right section, but there is no psychology section (which is a shame really) so I will post it here.
. . .
If anyone has any interpretations to these dreams, I'd love to hear your take on them.

As I understand it, dreams are highly personal and peculiar to the dreamer. The content can be analysed, but it is the dreamer who is best disposed to do it. But it may not be easy. You need to know yourself. The dream may contain elements which you may not recognise, or you may be able to recognise, if you think of them the right way. I'd suggest that if you don't recognise these elements, you may not be thinking of them the right way.

The elements may be concocted into a narrative, or linked up into a surreal sequence. But, I am suggesting, the elements in there are identifiable, if you think of them in the right way. The elements that I have identified in my own dreams are all creations of my own brain, so there are no spooky supernatural predictions in them.

The elements are derived from things which have happened to you, figures of speech, mottoes, personal pet phrases and the like. For example, if your mother, (in your waking life), calls or called you a 'cheeky little monkey', then a diminutive monkey doing odd things, may just be a reference to yourself. It may be that your mother hasn't called you a cheeky monkey for a long time, yet the phrase, and your possession of it as a description of yourself, has stayed resident in your mind. The odd things that the monkey is getting up to may be references to things which happened over the last 24 hours, or maybe longer.

When a dream contains the diminutive monkey, it may not occur to you that it is a reference to the figure of speech applied to you at one time, probably repeatedly by your mother. But if it's right, when you make the connection, you go: "Aha ! That's it !" It's unlikely that I could interpret that for you. It's too personal and unique to your own memory and brain, for me to come up with that interpretation. It is likely, IMHO, that since your brain concocts a dream, it is something in you brain coming up in the dream . . . therefore, to me things in your dreams, of no significance, seem to be unlikely. That doesn't mean that you will always understand what the the significance is, (as your request in the OP tells us).

Just think of some of the things which might be smacked together to make a dream. Here's a few, some are things which happen, some are figures of speech, some are feelings etc.

You're a cheeky monkey; Happiness is a warm gun; I dropped my cup and broke it today; Sally broke my heart; You say 'Amen' in church; All men are bastards; I hate spinach; Spuds are vegetables with Irish connotations; Murphy is an Irish name; I have a pet hamster called Murphy; I call my spouse 'twiddles' as a pet name; My son widdles in his bed; My Dad twiddles his fingers when he's thinking; My Dad has big ears, like Prince Charles does; Republicans are symbolised with the elephant; Publicans sounds like Republicans; Publicans are dealers in pleasure, (if you like a drink - maybe misery if your spouse is an alcoholic); I threw up today; My son is a great fielder, and throws the ball up high and far . . .

I have put these elements as, (fictitious), suggestions, and tried to show how association may be made in the mind. So in dreams, one thing may be present as a symbol of another. There are symbols which are public, like the Republican Party elephant. Some symbols are private, like your self identification with cheeky monkey. Some experiences may be public, like the volcanic eruptions in Hawaii, some experiences are more private, like you dropping your cup. An elephant in a dream may represent alcohol, by association of Republican, publican and drinking. But that'll only be true, if that is part of your own brain, you way of thinking, and in your memory, even if hard to recall or link up in waking life, after the dream.

Your brain can make up weird and wonderful imagery, using these elements. Dreams may incorporate the elements as pictures, or words, (maybe words you seem to hear). Sounds may come into play as well. It is you who is in the best position to know what the symbology in use is. So what do the elements in a dream mean to you - even if disguised to some degree or another, in symbols or figures of speech, idioms, pet phrases, experiences etc.

I don't think that dreams have to make sense in the way that a story might make sense if you were writing a story in a book. But you can still analyse your dreams and identify the elements. Your brain is doing re-organising, and making-and-breaking connections, (I'd suggest). Suppose you have to mow the lawn tomorrow. It may be that the fact of lawn mowing being imminent may get woven somehow into a dream, possibly in disguise or maybe overtly, and possibly surrounded by loads of other surreal symbology.

I wouldn't really feel competent to analyse your dream for you. Can you recognise anything in your dreams, in the light of what I'm suggesting?

Toodle-pip,
Magilla.
There are no atheists in terrorist training camps.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When you can't fully let go of the past Der/die AtheistIn 5 522 April 6, 2019 at 9:33 pm
Last Post: brewer