Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margot Kidder dies at 69
Margot Kidder dies at 69
Today at her home, according to family. No cause of death has been given. 

IMDB profile

For any youngsters on the list (less than 30), she played Lois Lane in all 4 Superman Movies, where Christopher Reeve was Superman.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Margot Kidder dies at 69
Damn, that is so sad to hear.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Agreed Vorls. I liked those movies.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
her Lois Lane character had chemistry with Reeves Superman character

I recall a running gag in the Daily Planet newsroom was her continued misspelling of only words describing horrific aspects of crimes.

Well written character, excellent casting decision, superlative acting chops brought to the role.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

CNN did a few minute "report" on her life about an hour or so ago. Apparently she was diagnosed as being bi-polar in the 90's after going bankrupt and disappearing for a few days.
Too bad, she was my kind of freaky.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
From IMDB:

Jimmy Olsen: What are you writing, Miss Lane?
Lois Lane: An ode to spring. How do you spell massacre?

Lois Lane: What color underwear am I wearing?
Superman: [looking] Hmmm...
Lois Lane: Oh, I'm sorry, I embarrassed you, didn't I?
Superman: Oh, no, no, no, not at all, Miss Lane, it's just that this planter must be made of lead.
Lois Lane: Uh, yes it is. So?
Superman: Well, you see, I, uh, I sort of have a problem seeing through lead.
Lois Lane: Oh, that's interesting.
Lois Lane: [Writing] Problem seeing through lead. Hmmm. Uh, d-do you have a first name?
Superman: What do you mean, like, uh, Ralph or something?
Lois Lane: No, no, I mean like...
[walks away from the planter]
Superman: Pink.
Lois Lane: Huh?
Superman: Pink.
[Lois walks back to the planter]
Superman: Um, sorry, Miss Lane, I didn't mean to embarrass you.

Superman: Easy, miss. I've got you.
Lois Lane: You - you've got me? Who's got you?

Clark Kent: Really, Lois, supposing that man had shot you? Is it worth risking your life over ten dollars, two credit cards, a hairbrush, and a lipstick?
Lois Lane: How did you know that?
Clark Kent: Know what?
Lois Lane: You just described the exact contents of my purse.
[Clark peeks in her purse]
Clark Kent: Hmm. Uh, wild guess.

Favourite scene was when she falls off the building and Superman not only catches her, he catches the helicopter (in one hand, natch).  Lois is freaking out a little and he says, 'Easy, miss - I've got you.'  Without missing a beat, Lois says, 'You've got me?  Who's got YOU?!'

Impeccable timing.  She'll be missed.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "I Love Rock And Roll" co writer dies COVID-19 Brian37 3 435 March 30, 2020 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Kirk Douglas Dies At 103 BrianSoddingBoru4 10 585 February 6, 2020 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Steven Bochco dies at 74. c172 2 568 April 2, 2018 at 7:48 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Cuba Gooding dies at 72. c172 3 388 April 20, 2017 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: c172
  Leon Russell dies at 74 c172 3 622 November 13, 2016 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Iain M Banks dies zebo-the-fat 3 986 June 11, 2013 at 7:53 am
Last Post: littleendian
  Album art designer Storm Thorgerson dies popeyespappy 0 929 April 19, 2013 at 11:35 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy