Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia Game Win%
Mafia Game Win%
So here's the rules of the game.

There are five Towns people and 4 Mafia Members

A random person is killed until one of the following conditions is met:

1) All the mafia is dead, which is a town win.
2) All the town is dead, in which mafia wins.
3) If there are ever 2 more mafia than town alive, mafia wins.

What are the odds of Town winning?
RE: Mafia Game Win%
College Statistics class was boring. Didn't learn a thing that stuck with me.
I suggest Monte-Carlo...
I wrote a very quick and dirty python script to play 100,000 games and I got a town win % of 49.346%
(May 15, 2018 at 11:16 am)Tiberius Wrote: I wrote a very quick and dirty python script to play 100,000 games and I got a town win % of 49.346%

Cheater!

(May 15, 2018 at 11:01 am)Kit Wrote: College Statistics class was boring.  Didn't learn a thing that stuck with me.

Statistics are boring.  Combinatorics are fun if you remember how to do them, which I don't.
I got 49ish using the cheating non-mathy strategy as well. Definitely the perfect setup for that game. Nicely done on that front Tibs.
(May 15, 2018 at 11:16 am)Tiberius Wrote: I wrote a very quick and dirty python script to play 100,000 games and I got a town win % of 49.346%

Yeah, but humans act different from a simulation. If you got that its good. The remainder is players trying to meet their wincon. Yep, last game I was surely drunk Big Grin
(May 15, 2018 at 1:52 pm)LastPoet Wrote:

Yeah, but humans act different from a simulation. If you got that its good. The remainder is players trying to meet their wincon. Yep, last game I was surely drunk Big Grin

He said a random person is killed. Also the scenario doesn't have any kind of Mafia night kill either.
I guess I didn't realize that this was effectively the most recent game of Popcorn Mafia. Nice that the numbers at least work out.
(May 15, 2018 at 1:56 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(May 15, 2018 at 1:52 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Yeah, but humans act different from a simulation. If you got that its good. The remainder is players trying to meet their wincon. Yep, last game I was surely drunk Big Grin

He said a random person is killed. Also the scenario doesn't have any kind of Mafia night kill either.

We would need to play that single scenario a few more times to gather data. It would still be subjective to any person mood playing it at any given time, including drunkness ( I was wifoming between Henry and poca $%%&$ last game). There is also information that might be missed or unused. What I am trying to say is that you can't predict how a game will end in this townBig Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two people of Indian descent win the Fields Medal in consecutive years Alexmahone 5 691 August 9, 2018 at 6:10 am
Last Post: bennyboy