Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-sigh-
-sigh-
facebook convo with some people i know

I was wrong to start this fight.
it was a horrible thing to do
i have take the advice of people that commented on this post
I think this shows an example of how stupid a person can be (me) when they think there are so right they disregard other peoples feelings to make a stupid point.
There is no excuse for this.

RE: -sigh-
When proving a point or arguing your side of a debate that you started is more important to you than the feelings of a grieving friend then something has gone seriously wrong!

[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
You want to know how to improve your arguments? How about not using them in the first place. What a vile and pathetic thing to do to a grieving person. If you had any decency in you you'd go back to facebook, delete all your comments, and send her a heartfelt apology.
As crazy as theists may come to be. Try not to debate religion with them in times when loved ones are lost.
When it comes to funerals, it's best to keep quite and show some respect. Regardless of the bullshit that comes out of their mouths.
Simply leave it be.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Thanks for reminding me why I avoid facebook like the plague.
(December 4, 2010 at 2:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Thanks for reminding me why I avoid facebook like the plague.

ditto
Have you found Jesus? If so read "the god dillusion"
(December 4, 2010 at 1:40 pm)Tiberius Wrote: You want to know how to improve your arguments? How about not using them in the first place. What a vile and pathetic thing to do to a grieving person. If you had any decency in you you'd go back to facebook, delete all your comments, and send her a heartfelt apology.

I agree completely. What i did was wrong i took advantage of a friends grief for my own entertainment and to try and make a stupid point. i took your advice and went back to Facebook deleted my comment's and sent my friend an apology i did not apologize for what i said i apologized for saying things when she was grieving and that i don't care she believes in a god and for being a Horrible vile person.
I did not ask for her to forgive me.
There is no excuse for what i did.
I was inconsiderate and just plane mean.
and please do not think i am trying to redeem myself.
i deserve your disgust.
Hey, we all make mistakes. What makes us good people is realising them (or that others' criticism is correct) and trying to correct the wrong. I'm glad you did the right thing.
(December 4, 2010 at 7:05 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Hey, we all make mistakes. What makes us good people is realising them (or that others' criticism is correct) and trying to correct the wrong. I'm glad you did the right thing.

yeah, i realized i did the wrong thing before i posted this but was too stupid to stop commenting.
your criticism really showed me how dumb i was.
thank you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sigh... we are all just liars/in denial Voltair 11 3109 March 1, 2012 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin