Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigh... we are all just liars/in denial
Sigh... we are all just liars/in denial
I mean I know that people have to choose between their beliefs and my integrity... and I know my integrity is going to get thrown out. The problem people have with accusing me and other atheists of being dishonest is they have to PROVE that we are dishonest.

Besides the Bible telling them that it is obvious and that we are therefore simply in denial they lack any evidence to prove so. I can tell that this is going to get old real quick...
RE: Sigh... we are all just liars/in denial
The Bible says the fool says in his heart, 'There is no God'. It's nasty, but it's clear acknowledgment of our existence and implies that people who really think there is no God are pretending to.
Like I've often said, I really find it ironic to be called a fool by people who believe in talking snakes, a worldwide flood, and a magical Jewish zombie who flew up into the sky.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
They value stupidity highly.
Actually if we are being honest we, by being ourselves, destroy the inspiration of the Bible. Not saying it wasn't already destroyed but I am saying that just us being honest in our conclusions would in of itself murder the Apostle Paul's credibility among with others.

Stakes are high lolz.
Quote:The problem people have with accusing me and other atheists of being dishonest is they have to PROVE that we are dishonest.

Well,we are, because we are human animals. Nothing to do with atheism.ALL human being are liars and hypoctrites,it's only a matter of degree.People tend to lie about once every ten minutes.

Who the fuck are they to judge?
Quote: You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.(Matthew 7:5)
They can shove their smug judgmentalism up their collective date..
I usually pride myself on being honest... which sometimes gets me into trouble. Does the lying include lying to ourselves or refusing to see what we don't want to see?

Regardless according to their Bible we are self deluded etc so they have permission to say it apparently because it is the "truth". I really don't get how Christianity is supposed to be such a "happy" thing in the first place. You believe in a being who watches everything you do, is going to torture/punish most everyone around you, and in the end you can't do a damn thing about it. But hey the evidence for Zeus is overwhelming too so those Christians are just self deluded because they can't see it.
More lies are directed inward than we could ever express outwardly...lol. Such is the human condition.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Fair enough, I can agree with that Tongue I guess I am not going to reincarnate upon my death into Sean Connery. But, I will just choose to have faith that I will since Sean Connery's beard told me so, and his beard is all knowing, all powerful, but doesn't care to save the world.
I lie to myself all the time. Its awesome Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  -sigh- Eoin 8 2714 December 4, 2010 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Eoin