Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God As Groundhog Cause
God As Groundhog Cause
There are four kinds of groundhog:  groundhog, woodchuck, marmot and Bill Murray.  One way to track them is to observe that:

-A groundhog is notorious in February;

-A woodchuck has a tongue-twister to its credit;

-A marmot sounds a little like a spread.

-A Bill Murray is mad cool.

We may discard (for our consideration here) all but the Bill Murray. This particular type of groundhog has been recorded in the company of Andie MacDowell, Sigourney Weaver, Scarlett Johansson, Lucy Liu, Geena Davis and Uma Thurman.

The only possible efficient or contingent cause for this bizarre and puzzling state of affairs is a groundhog cause which I will call God.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: God As Groundhog Cause
Nah. If Bill Murray was The Ultimate GroundGod then the universe would come to an end and then it would start over and repeat itself all over again... and over and over and over again (until a pretty lady ended up in Murray's cosmic bed)... but scientists have recently discovered that the universe will probably be expanding indefinitely at an accelerating rate. So no GroundGod Hog.
Are Muslims allowed to eat ground hog?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 25, 2018 at 5:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: There are four kinds of groundhog:  groundhog, woodchuck, marmot and Bill Murray.  One way to track them is to observe that:

We may discard (for our consideration here) all but the Bill Murray. This particular type of groundhog has been recorded in the company of Andie MacDowell, Sigourney Weaver, Scarlett Johansson, Lucy Liu, Geena Davis and Uma Thurman.

The only possible efficient or contingent cause for this bizarre and puzzling state of affairs is a groundhog cause which I will call God.

Boru
As a native Yankee living in the south I would say "Groundhog" is in the Southern idiom. "Woodchuck" in the Northern idiom. "Whistle Pig" restricted largely to Vermont. According to my friend Rick, Southeners will fall for barbequed ground hog as pulled pork barbeque. He was an enterprising youth!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

shoosh! Now you're putting ideas into the heads of Chinese restaurant owners!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 25, 2018 at 8:55 pm)ignoramus Wrote: shoosh! Now you're putting ideas into the heads of Chinese restaurant owners!
Meat is meat! Depends on whether it tastes good!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

There's a whole industry right there!

Here's a hint ...Our cemeteries are getting full!

Maybe Soylent Green was right after all?

I just had a thought. In millions of years all our buried dead will turn into fossil fuels! Round 2!
I think I'll hold onto my gas guzzler Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 25, 2018 at 9:34 pm)ignoramus Wrote: There's a whole industry right there!

Here's a hint ...Our cemeteries are getting full!

Maybe Soylent Green was right after all?

I just had a thought. In millions of years all our buried dead will turn into fossil fuels! Round 2!
I think I'll hold onto my gas guzzler Dunno

What kind of mileage does your Mustang get? I'm not judging, since my truck only gets 7 MPG when towing the travel trailer. Confused  If you haven't shown pics of it, I'd like to see them. :yup:

(May 25, 2018 at 8:53 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(May 25, 2018 at 5:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: There are four kinds of groundhog:  groundhog, woodchuck, marmot and Bill Murray.  One way to track them is to observe that:

Boru
As a native Yankee living in the south I would say "Groundhog" is in the Southern idiom. "Woodchuck" in the Northern idiom. "Whistle Pig" restricted largely to Vermont. According to my friend Rick, Southeners will fall for barbequed ground hog as pulled pork barbeque. He was an enterprising youth!

Ground hog is pretty damned small, though. Maybe them boys don't really care, as long as that meat texture is there? I'd probably eat it.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(May 25, 2018 at 7:38 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Are Muslims allowed to eat ground hog?

Yes because groundhog is a false hog. They can eat turkey bacon as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proving the Existence of a First Cause Muhammad Rizvi 3 768 June 23, 2023 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Serious] Existential Inertia vs. Sustaining First Cause GrandizerII 8 1143 August 24, 2020 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  God As Grounding Cause datc 75 10014 May 27, 2018 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Bhagavad Gita First Cause watchamadoodle 4 1339 April 6, 2015 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  "Everything has a cause and an explanation" discussion. Pizza 66 15148 February 22, 2015 at 11:59 am
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  An uncaused cause Phil 47 16383 April 23, 2012 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: orogenicman