Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dealing with edge cases.
Dealing with edge cases.
In this thread, I will be simply dealing with edge cases.

Verse 4:34 can as far I know be translated as such though no commentary or translation exists as such:

Men regarding women are (to be) up lifters (moral support) by which God has cause some of them to excel others and by what they spend of their money, the good women therefore obedient (to God), guarding the hidden as God has guarded and those who you fear disloyalty (instead of acting on fear), admonish them and leave them (alone about this) in the beds and (continue to) have intercourse with them.

There is other verses that says to NOT act on suspicion and that most suspicions are evil and from the devil. Therefore this verse would be saying men are suppose to uplift and not degrade women, and morally support them, and so the good women are obedient to God and if you fear they are being disloyal, just admonish them but don't bring this up when in the room or bed because it would be a distasteful nature and would degrade, and continue to have intercourse with them.

As to why it has not been translated like this, you know me, I blame it on the dark forces and the sorcery they caste.

I will deal with more edge cases.

When a great person like Imam Ali is about to die and what he says to his two sons, I would take seriously, and indeed he said something that to me is a huge thing regarding interpretation of Quran and Imam Ali is called the warrior of the interpretation as he was predicted by the Messenger to fight for the Taweel.

My advice to you is to be conscious of Allah and steadfast in your religion. Do not yearn for the world, and do not be seduced by it. Do not resent anything you have missed in it. Proclaim the truth; work for the next world. Oppose the oppressor and support the oppressed. I advise you, and all my children, my relatives, and whosoever receives this message, to be conscious of Allah, to remove your differences, and to strengthen your ties. I heard your grandfather, peace be upon him, say: "Reconciliation of your differences is more worthy than all prayers and all fasting." Fear Allah in matters concerning orphans. Attend to their nutrition and do not forget their interests in the middle of yours. Fear Allah in your relations with your neighbors. Your Prophet often recommended them to you, so much so that we thought he would give them a share in inheritance. Remain attached to the Quran. Nobody should surpass you in being intent on it, or more sincere in implementing it. Fear Allah in relation to your prayers. It is the pillar of your religion. Fear Allah in relation to His House; do not abandon it as long as you live. It you should do that you would abandon your dignity. Persist in jihad in the cause of Allah, with your money, your souls, and your tongue. Maintain communication and exchange of opinion among yourselves. Beware of disunity and enmity. Do not desist from promoting good deeds and cautioning against bad ones. Should you do that,the worst among you would be your leaders, and you will call upon Allah without response. O Children of Abdul Mattaleb! Do not shed the blood of Muslims under the banner: The Imam has been assassinated! Only the assassin should be condemned to death. If I die of this stab of his, kill him with one similar stroke. Do not mutilate him! I have heard the Prophet, peace be upon him, say: "Mutilate not even a rabid dog." 

And else where Imam Ali said:

In it there are some verses whose knowledge1 is obligatory and others whose ignorance by the people is permissible. It also contains what appears to be obligatory according to the Book but its repeal is signified by the Prophet’s action (sunnah) or that which appears compulsory according to the Prophet’s action but the Book allows not following it.

Cutting hands whether it be that of people fighting against Prophet (as seemed allowed in another verse) or stealing, to me is obviously, forbidden, as it's a mutilation.

It becomes clear to me, by words of Imam Ali, that this meant metaphorically, to stop them from stealing again. How society decides to do this can be dynamic, depending on their resources, or what he has, maybe a huge fine, maybe jail, maybe something else depending on what society can do like today, there are reformation.

So it means stop his hand from doing it again sort of meaning.

To support that "beating is not a good translation", I will quote these hadiths which Imams supported through reasoning:

‘Ali, The Commander of the Faithful, says:
“The intelligent person gets guidance through politeness, it is only the animals that cannot be corrected without beatings."
Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq says:
“Whoever whips another person once, Allah will shower the fiery whip against him."
The Prophet of Islam said:
“Use love and affection in education and upbringing and don’t have access to cruelty because a wise mentor is better than a cruel one."
One person said that he complained about his son to Imam Moosa bin Ja’far. The Imam replied, “Don’t ever beat him But maintain a distance from him, and this distance too should not be kept for too long!
RE: Dealing with edge cases.
Quote:As to why it has not been translated like this, you know me, I blame it on the dark forces and the sorcery they caste.

This is a significant part of your problem.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 28, 2018 at 7:13 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: In this thread, I will be simply dealing with edge cases.

Verse 4:34 can as far I know be translated as such though no commentary or translation exists as such:

Men regarding women are (to be) up lifters (moral support) by which God has cause some of them to excel others and by what they spend of their money, the good women therefore obedient (to God), guarding the hidden as God has guarded and those who you fear disloyalty (instead of acting on fear), admonish them and leave them (alone about this) in the beds and (continue to) have intercourse with them.

There is other verses that says to NOT act on suspicion and that most suspicions are evil and from the devil. Therefore this verse would be saying men are suppose to uplift and not degrade women, and morally support them, and so the good women are obedient to God and if you fear they are being disloyal, just admonish them but don't bring this up when in the room or bed because it would be a distasteful nature and would degrade, and continue to have intercourse with them.

As to why it has not been translated like this, you know me, I blame it on the dark forces and the sorcery they caste.

I will deal with more edge cases.

When a great person like Imam Ali is about to die and what he says to his two sons, I would take seriously, and indeed he said something that to me is a huge thing regarding interpretation of Quran and Imam Ali is called the warrior of the interpretation as he was predicted by the Messenger to fight for the Taweel.

My advice to you is to be conscious of Allah and steadfast in your religion. Do not yearn for the world, and do not be seduced by it. Do not resent anything you have missed in it. Proclaim the truth; work for the next world. Oppose the oppressor and support the oppressed. I advise you, and all my children, my relatives, and whosoever receives this message, to be conscious of Allah, to remove your differences, and to strengthen your ties. I heard your grandfather, peace be upon him, say: "Reconciliation of your differences is more worthy than all prayers and all fasting." Fear Allah in matters concerning orphans. Attend to their nutrition and do not forget their interests in the middle of yours. Fear Allah in your relations with your neighbors. Your Prophet often recommended them to you, so much so that we thought he would give them a share in inheritance. Remain attached to the Quran. Nobody should surpass you in being intent on it, or more sincere in implementing it. Fear Allah in relation to your prayers. It is the pillar of your religion. Fear Allah in relation to His House; do not abandon it as long as you live. It you should do that you would abandon your dignity. Persist in jihad in the cause of Allah, with your money, your souls, and your tongue. Maintain communication and exchange of opinion among yourselves. Beware of disunity and enmity. Do not desist from promoting good deeds and cautioning against bad ones. Should you do that,the worst among you would be your leaders, and you will call upon Allah without response. O Children of Abdul Mattaleb! Do not shed the blood of Muslims under the banner: The Imam has been assassinated! Only the assassin should be condemned to death. If I die of this stab of his, kill him with one similar stroke. Do not mutilate him! I have heard the Prophet, peace be upon him, say: "Mutilate not even a rabid dog." 

And else where Imam Ali said:

In it there are some verses whose knowledge1 is obligatory and others whose ignorance by the people is permissible. It also contains what appears to be obligatory according to the Book but its repeal is signified by the Prophet’s action (sunnah) or that which appears compulsory according to the Prophet’s action but the Book allows not following it.

Cutting hands whether it be that of people fighting against Prophet (as seemed allowed in another verse) or stealing, to me is obviously, forbidden, as it's a mutilation.

It becomes clear to me, by words of Imam Ali, that this meant metaphorically, to stop them from stealing again. How society decides to do this can be dynamic, depending on their resources, or what he has, maybe a huge fine, maybe jail, maybe something else depending on what society can do like today, there are reformation.

So it means stop his hand from doing it again sort of meaning.

To support that "beating is not a good translation", I will quote these hadiths which Imams supported through reasoning:

‘Ali, The Commander of the Faithful, says:
“The intelligent person gets guidance through politeness, it is only the animals that cannot be corrected without beatings."
Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq says:
“Whoever whips another person once, Allah will shower the fiery whip against him."
The Prophet of Islam said:
“Use love and affection in education and upbringing and don’t have access to cruelty because a wise mentor is better than a cruel one."
One person said that he complained about his son to Imam Moosa bin Ja’far. The Imam replied, “Don’t ever beat him But maintain a distance from him, and this distance too should not be kept for too long!

Good! Bring the minutiae of irrational Islamic discourse to an Atheist forum for criticism! What are you thinking, Man!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Interpreting scripture in such a way that you ignore all the horrible bits is nothing more than just an exercise in mental gymnastics.

Its good to be nice to women and to not mutilate criminals. But one wonders why Allah left room for misinterpretation.

Much like the Christian god and the bible.
(May 28, 2018 at 10:10 pm)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: But one wonders why Allah left room for misinterpretation.

You bring a good and important subject.  One of the purposes of Quran or perhaps it's primary purpose, is so we reflect.

It also has forbidden explicitly to follow what we have no knowledge of.

Without reflection, people won't understand. Without understanding proofs it offers, we will never unite on it's truths.

If we follow scholars who wish to lead us and act like they are our great leaders and attribute purity to themselves, we are bound to err, like all people erred in religion in the past.

Also no verse is to be believed in blindly, because, you can then misinterpret it and follow a misinterpretation out of ignorance, all in the name of following God.

God wishes to guide humans, but he needs us to reflect.

He condemned in the Quran severely people who gave up natural knowledge they had of right and wrong for leaders or even for lies attributed to scriptures by scholars.

So it's per Quran never good enough to believe in something because a "holy book" says so, but rather, a holy book must be studied and believed in the truths it iterates, and truth should not be mixed with falsehood.

I believe people always assume worst interpretations when comes to Quran due to sorcery.   For example, obeying those who hold the Authority from us...in 4:59, despite the context, people make it as if it refers to rulers be they good or evil.

Without reflection, all it's proofs remain ambiguous. With reflection, it's full of insights and iterates proofs well.

To believe any of it dogmatically and blindly, goes against it's whole message that it's meant to be followed with knowledge and assessed for it's clear bright signs, and guidance is about seeing and perceiving; not following blindly.
(May 29, 2018 at 12:01 am)MysticKnight Wrote:
(May 28, 2018 at 10:10 pm)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: But one wonders why Allah left room for misinterpretation.

You bring a good and important subject.  One of the purposes of Quran or perhaps it's primary purpose, is so we reflect.

It also has forbidden explicitly to follow what we have no knowledge of.

Without reflection, people won't understand. Without understanding proofs it offers, we will never unite on it's truths.

If we follow scholars who wish to lead us and act like they are our great leaders and attribute purity to themselves, we are bound to err, like all people erred in religion in the past.

Also no verse is to be believed in blindly, because, you can then misinterpret it and follow a misinterpretation out of ignorance, all in the name of following God.

God wishes to guide humans, but he needs us to reflect.

He condemned in the Quran severely people who gave up natural knowledge they had of right and wrong for leaders or even for lies attributed to scriptures by scholars.

So it's per Quran never good enough to believe in something because a "holy book" says so, but rather, a holy book must be studied and believed in the truths it iterates, and truth should not be mixed with falsehood.

I believe people always assume worst interpretations when comes to Quran due to sorcery.   For example, obeying those who hold the Authority from us...in 4:59, despite the context, people make it as if it refers to rulers be they good or evil.

Without reflection, all it's proofs remain ambiguous. With reflection, it's full of insights and iterates proofs well.

To believe any of it dogmatically and blindly, goes against it's whole message that it's meant to be followed with knowledge and assessed for it's clear bright signs, and guidance is about seeing and perceiving; not following blindly.
You expect us to take you seriously but you believe in sorcery?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

It's still ramadan. You're weak willed.
(May 28, 2018 at 7:35 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Good! Bring the minutiae of irrational Islamic discourse to an Atheist forum for criticism! What are you thinking, Man!
He just wants attention. He's happy here.
MK welcome back, we knew you couldn't stay away. But nothing changes as you know.