Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MH 370
MH 370
Does anyone remember the disappearance of this 777 back in March of 2014? 

I was super intrigued by it at the time. Pretty obsessed actually. I had CNN turned on the entire day for weeks, as they were doing round the clock reporting, and for months afterwards I'd google for updates. I was one of the people who dismissed all ideas that this was some sort of hijacking by terrorist groups, and even dismissed it as having been a mass murder/suicide by the chief pilot. I felt pretty confident that it was some sort of freak mechanical error in the plane where they both lost signal with control towers, and lost the ability to land... maybe something wrong with the flaps. So the pilot avoided flying over land as not to crash on people, and had no choice but to fly over ocean until he ran out of fuel.

That was my theory, anyway. I thought all the speculation on CNN and other news outlets about this being a deliberate act was just to make for a more interesting story so that people would watch their stuff. 

As of this past weekend, I've changed my mind 180, after watching the two 60 Minutes documentaries below and following up with some of my own research. It was obviously the chief pilot in a mass murder/suicide. It explains everything. Why the signal was lost right after his last report to towers (he turned it off purposely at that time). Why the plane veered off course right after the signal was lost. Why it flew over the border of 2 countries (in order to avoid detection from either of their military bases), why it flew around Indonesia instead of over it (again, to avoid detection), and why it headed for the remotest part of the ocean until it ran out of gas. 

The pilot's flight simulator had some deleted files on it from weeks before the incident that showed a very similar route. Where he flew the plane out of Kuala Lumpur towards the southern Indian Ocean until it ran out of gas. Also, the flaperon that was found was down. Meaning there was a water landing. This was all done to deliberately make it very difficult to find the plane. Basically, he flew as far south into the Indian Ocean as possible until he ran out of gas... at which time he glided farther south and did a water landing so that the plane would stay mostly intact, and thus, more difficult to find. All the searches have been around the area where he would have run out of gas, which is why they haven't found anything. They didn't account for anyone being in there gliding the plane so that it would go farther south. They've been looking in the wrong spot.         

It is also speculated that at the time he veered off course, he also cut off the oxygen supply in the plane, so that everyone died of hypoxia (including the co pilot), and he wore the oxygen mask to stay alive. It explains why no one in the plane tried to contact their families. 

Anyway, this is all extremely sad and horrible, and crazy that this pilot would do such a thing. But it's been a fascinating mystery nonetheless. 

First 60 Minutes episode part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQHl5SmA08A
First 60 Minutes episode part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmw0evr6uvI 
Second 60 Minutes episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm1j1fpldkc
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: MH 370
The only thing that doesn't make much sense for a murder/suicide is why go through all this trouble. If you were going to commit murder/suicide, why would you go through this elaborate plan to do a water landing and make the plane difficult to find? Why wouldn't you leave a note for people to find after?
I heard the flapperon found show evidence that it was not deployed when it was wrenched off.   This indicate it was not deployed for a descent and low speed flight.

This has been interpreted to mean the plane was not under control and just gilded into the sea in cruise configuration when it ran out of fuel.

But if the pilot wanted to commit suicide, why fly all the way to fuel exhaustion and not just flew the plane straight into the sea or into a mountaim at the first opportunity?
(May 29, 2018 at 4:27 pm)Tiberius Wrote: The only thing that doesn't make much sense for a murder/suicide is why go through all this trouble. If you were going to commit murder/suicide, why would you go through this elaborate plan to do a water landing and make the plane difficult to find? Why wouldn't you leave a note for people to find after?

So, my guess is that he didn't want people to know.

I think this guy wanted to die, and wanted to die flying because he was obsessed with aviation. But he didn't want people to know he'd killed himself. He had a family and kids and stuff. So he planned out disappearing with a plane during a routine flight. Picked a night where he'd be flying with a co pilot who didn't have much experience and would be easier to manipulate, and made it so that it would be impossible to find the plane and no one would ever know he killed himself and everyone else on board. 
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
If memory serves, that is what the co-pilot of that German airliner did.  Locked the pilot out of the cabin and headed for a mountain.
(May 29, 2018 at 4:47 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: I heard the flapperon found show evidence that it was not deployed when it was wrenched off.   This indicate it was not deployed for a descent and low speed flight.

This has been interpreted to mean the plane was not under control and just gilded into the sea in cruise configuration when it ran out of fuel.

But if the pilot wanted to commit suicide, why fly all the way to fuel exhaustion and not just flew the plane straight into the sea or into a mountaim at the first opportunity?

Really? The stuff I saw said the exact opposite lol.

(May 29, 2018 at 4:53 pm)Minimalist Wrote: If memory serves, that is what the co-pilot of that German airliner did.  Locked the pilot out of the cabin and headed for a mountain.

Yes. It has happened a handful of times...  Sad

-walsh
Multiple errors would have had to have occurred. Even then it would have been possible to circle just offshore from an major airport. A silent circling aircraft would have drawn attention. Send a plane up with a signal lamp to establish communications.

Aliens would be more likely than the OP scenario.
Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through once you have made up your mind to do it. 

What's the advantage of not having the plane found?
(May 29, 2018 at 5:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through once you have made up your mind to do it. 

To keep his murder/suicide his dirty little secret, I suppose. As not to bring down his name or his family. That would be my best guess as to why this guy wanted to hide the whole thing. It seems pretty obvious that he did it.

-walsh
(May 29, 2018 at 5:12 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(May 29, 2018 at 5:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through once you have made up your mind to do it. 

To keep his murder/suicide his dirty little secret, I suppose. As not to bring down his name or his family. That would be my best guess as to why this guy wanted to hide the whole thing. It seems pretty obvious that he did it.

"Obvious" based on a shit load of assumptions.