Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, I'm here to bother you again......
Yes, I'm here to bother you again......
Why is it that this forum cannot differentiate between my phone and my PC?

When I use my phone, I have to edit the options to use mobile version.  When I get home and open my browser, the forum shows up as mobile version even though I'm on the computer.  I have to then edit the options to the full forum version.

Then when I go back to my phone when I'm away from my computer, I have to edit the options to use mobile version again since it's in full computer mode.
RE: Yes, I'm here to bother you again......
(May 30, 2018 at 5:16 pm)Kit Wrote: Why is it that this forum cannot differentiate between my phone and my PC?

When I use my phone, I have to edit the options to use mobile version.  When I get home and open my browser, the forum shows up as mobile version even though I'm on the computer.  I have to then edit the options to the full forum version.

Then when I go back to my phone when I'm away from my computer, I have to edit the options to use mobile version again since it's in full computer mode.

I've had similar problems in the past, usually because of changing settings in the mobile version on my phone. You might want to check under User CP > Edit Options > Other Options. Under that heading there are two settings that may be of interest; the checkbox "Use a mobile version if I visit from a mobile device?" and the dropdown list "Board Theme"... when I cocked up the settings before, I think it was because I changed the board theme, so it ended up opening the mobile version every time, even when I was on PC or I clicked the link to view the full site (I think)... so anyway, it works fine for me and my settings are checkbox checked and Board Theme = Atheist Forums Theme... so you may want to check if your settings are different than those.
It's a plot to drive you insane.

Is it working yet?
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 30, 2018 at 5:39 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: It's a plot to drive you insane.

Is it working yet?

I think I fixed it.  xD

(May 30, 2018 at 5:38 pm)emjay Wrote:
(May 30, 2018 at 5:16 pm)Kit Wrote: Why is it that this forum cannot differentiate between my phone and my PC?

I've had similar problems in the past, usually because of changing settings in the mobile version on my phone. You might want to check under User CP > Edit Options > Other Options. Under that heading there are two settings that may be of interest; the checkbox "Use a mobile version if I visit from a mobile device?" and the dropdown list "Board Theme"... when I cocked up the settings before, I think it was because I changed the board theme, so it ended up opening the mobile version every time, even when I was on PC or I clicked the link to view the full site (I think)... so anyway, it works fine for me and my settings are checkbox checked and Board Theme = Atheist Forums Theme... so you may want to check if your settings are different than those.

That might have been it.  Thanks. I think it's fixed now.
Kit, check your phone browser. Usually there's an option of how you want the browser to act.
EG, as a full browser or as a mobile browser. This won't affect what happens on your pc.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
The voices say you don't deserve a fix.

Treat it like the movie "The Good Son", hang both off a cliff, and save the one that gives you the least problem.
Two things.

1. You shouldn't have to change your options. At the bottom of the forum there is a link "Mobile Version" which switches you to the mobile version, if you are on the Desktop version of the site. If you are on the mobile version, there is a "Switch to Desktop Version" link instead.

2. Go here on both your phone and desktop, and paste whatever useragent it gives you: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/detect/w...user-agent
For me it automatically has mobile version when I'm using mobile and pc/browser/full version when I use a pc.
(May 30, 2018 at 6:13 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Kit, check your phone browser. Usually there's an option of how you want the browser to act.
EG, as a full browser or as a mobile browser. This won't affect what happens on your pc.

Yeah, mobile Chrome has a "request desktop site" option you can select.

I hate separate mobile versions of sites, so I just request the desktop version.