Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucas 3rd SW trilogy revealed
Lucas 3rd SW trilogy revealed
George Lucas Would Have Set Third Trilogy of Star Wars in ‘Microbiotic World’ Linked to Midi-Chlorians

Quote:The series' creator wanted to build films around creatures called the Whills, foreshadowed in "The Phantom Menace.

“[The next three ‘Star Wars’ films] were going to get into a microbiotic world,” he told James Cameron. “There’s this world of creatures that operate differently than we do. I call them the Whills. And the Whills are the ones who actually control the universe. They feed off the Force.”

Elsewhere in the conversation, Lucas admitted, “Everybody hated it in ‘Phantom Menace’ [when] we started talking about midi-chlorians.” In terms of his storytelling, Lucas regarded individuals as “vehicles for the Whills to travel around in…And the conduit is the midi-chlorians. The midi-chlorians are the ones that communicate with the Whills. The Whills, in a general sense, they are the Force.”

Lucas is confidant that had he kept his company, the Whills-focused films “would have been done. Of course, a lot of the fans would have hated it, just like they did ‘Phantom Menace’ and everything, but at least the whole story from beginning to end would be told.”

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/06/george-...201974276/

At least we know. I guess it makes sense from Lucas' point of view. His SW movies are pastichess of his old-time childhood favourites - war films, underwater adventures, swashbucklers, Harryhausen-modelled Greek myths (McGregor's performance is straight out of a Gerry Anderson cartoon).
He just wanted to pay tribute to those comics about human body.

So I guess 3rd SW trilogy would look something like that 80s French cartoon "Once upon a time... Life"

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Lucas 3rd SW trilogy revealed
(June 18, 2018 at 9:24 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: George Lucas Would Have Set Third Trilogy of Star Wars in ‘Microbiotic World’ Linked to Midi-Chlorians

Quote:The series' creator wanted to build films around creatures called the Whills, foreshadowed in "The Phantom Menace.

“[The next three ‘Star Wars’ films] were going to get into a microbiotic world,” he told James Cameron. “There’s this world of creatures that operate differently than we do. I call them the Whills. And the Whills are the ones who actually control the universe. They feed off the Force.”

Elsewhere in the conversation, Lucas admitted, “Everybody hated it in ‘Phantom Menace’ [when] we started talking about midi-chlorians.” In terms of his storytelling, Lucas regarded individuals as “vehicles for the Whills to travel around in…And the conduit is the midi-chlorians. The midi-chlorians are the ones that communicate with the Whills. The Whills, in a general sense, they are the Force.”

Lucas is confidant that had he kept his company, the Whills-focused films “would have been done. Of course, a lot of the fans would have hated it, just like they did ‘Phantom Menace’ and everything, but at least the whole story from beginning to end would be told.”

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/06/george-...201974276/

At least we know. I guess it makes sense from Lucas' point of view. His SW movies are pastichess of his old-time childhood favourites - war films, underwater adventures, swashbucklers, Harryhausen-modelled Greek myths (McGregor's performance is straight out of a Gerry Anderson cartoon).

So I guess 3rd SW trilogy would look something like that 80s French cartoon "Once upon a time... Life"

We actual meet the Whills in Clone wars series .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(June 18, 2018 at 9:35 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:
(June 18, 2018 at 9:24 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: George Lucas Would Have Set Third Trilogy of Star Wars in ‘Microbiotic World’ Linked to Midi-Chlorians

We actual meet the Whills in Clone wars series .

Yeah, that was kind of interesting.

Though I think the storyline of the father and his two offspring who were basically an incarnation of the three sides of the Force was far more interesting...

...especially as it carried over to Rebels.
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 18, 2018 at 9:48 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(June 18, 2018 at 9:35 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: We actual meet the Whills in Clone wars series .

Yeah, that was kind of interesting.

Though I think the storyline of the father and his two offspring who were basically an incarnation of the three sides of the Force was far more interesting...

...especially as it carried over to Rebels.
Very true and Very awesome .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Those who think the sequels would have been better of in Luca's hands are delusional.
I honor the man for creating the ANH, and the ideas for it all, but it has been repeatedly shown that SW is at it's best when someone else takes Lucas'ss ideas and do their own thing with them (like ESB).
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
You know, I have a coworker who hates the Star Wars sequels that have been coming out recently. I should seriously show him this article about how, if Lucas had his way, Episodes 7-9 would be about MICROBES and ask him if he still thinks that would have been better than the films we've got. Seriously, even though Disney's on track to doing the unthinkable and having the first legitimate BOX OFFICE FLOP in the history of the franchise, there's no way they can come up with an idea stupider than that.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(June 19, 2018 at 12:03 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: You know, I have a coworker who hates the Star Wars sequels that have been coming out recently. I should seriously show him this article about how, if Lucas had his way, Episodes 7-9 would be about MICROBES and ask him if he still thinks that would have been better than the films we've got. Seriously, even though Disney's on track to doing the unthinkable and having the first legitimate BOX OFFICE FLOP in the history of the franchise, there's no way they can come up with an idea stupider than that.
And the flop wasn't that the movie was bad .It was bad timing .

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Klaus Kinski, revealed to have sexualy abused his daughter. Something completely different 2 1921 January 12, 2013 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: jonb