Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#OccupyICE
#OccupyICE
According to people on site the #OccupyICEpdx protest shut down the Portland ICE detention facility in Portland, Oregon yesterday afternoon. DHS officers in riot gear made it possible for the employees to return home.

The number of people onsite has grown. As of this morning the building is nearly surrounded by an impromptu tent village.

https://twitter.com/arunindy/status/1009...41824?s=19

I intend to go to the site to observe.
RE: #OccupyICE
Min made a thread about this, praising the protestors. Now I like most protests, but it just started reminds me how hypocritical people are when it comes to politics.

When those little hillbillies in Oregon occupied a federal building in the middle of nowhere they were terrorists and these guys do it in the middle of a large metropolitan city and they are hero's. No moral consistency from the atheist forums ideologes, as usual.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(June 28, 2018 at 4:23 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: No moral consistency from the atheist forums ideologes, as usual.

Atheists are not like theists, we don't all have to agree on what is or isn't moral.  The only thing we have in common, come on you know this because we state it enough.......
(June 28, 2018 at 4:23 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Min made a thread about this, praising the protestors. Now I like most protests, but it just started reminds me how hypocritical people are when it comes to politics.

When those little hillbillies in Oregon occupied a federal building in the middle of nowhere they were terrorists and these guys do it in the middle of a large metropolitan city and they are hero's. No moral consistency from the atheist forums ideologes, as usual.

Yeah....they were armed terrorists not unarmed protesters. I guess you have trouble seeing the difference?
Yeah, I can't imagine making a distinction between an armed takeover and a peaceful protest.

Oh wait.
(June 28, 2018 at 4:23 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Min made a thread about this, praising the protestors. Now I like most protests, but it just started reminds me how hypocritical people are when it comes to politics.

Theirs a difference an occupying  protest and armed insurrection
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(June 20, 2018 at 11:30 am)Cathooloo Wrote: According to people on site the #OccupyICEpdx protest shut down the Portland ICE detention facility in Portland, Oregon yesterday afternoon.  DHS officers in riot gear made it possible for the employees to return home.

The number of people onsite has grown.  As of this morning the building is nearly surrounded by an impromptu tent village.

https://twitter.com/arunindy/status/1009...41824?s=19

I intend to go to the site to observe.

Heard about this on the radio but mostly how it's affecting traffic in the area. News says that the building will reopen for business next week and protesters indicate they aren't going anywhere and their encampment is on public land so...
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(June 28, 2018 at 7:05 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:

Sure...the level of resolve.  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 28, 2018 at 7:05 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:

Get the water hoses!  All protests bad!!

Arnold mayor under fire for saying protesters should be sprayed with hoses

"Arnold's mayor is under fire for suggesting on social media that people protesting the police shooting of Antwon Rose should be sprayed with powerful water cannons.

Mayor Karen Peconi recently shared a video on her Facebook page of water cannons being used to disperse protesters elsewhere. Some are violently knocked to the ground by the force of the water.

“We need one of these for tomorrow,” she wrote in a comment beneath the video.

Later she wrote “bring the hoses” and disparaged people protesting in the morning."
https://triblive.com/local/valleynewsdis...with-hoses
(June 28, 2018 at 10:07 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(June 28, 2018 at 7:05 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Theirs a difference an occupying  protest and armed insurrection

Sure...the level of resolve.  Wink
True enough
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb