Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
if anyone's willing to help...
if anyone's willing to help...
One of my daughter's best friends was found unconscious and hospitalized the other day. He was placed in an induced coma, but has been unresponsive since being brought out.his family is cash strapped with his mother being out of work due to surgeries. If any of you can help, the family has set up a gofundme account at https://www.gofundme.com/meister-family-medical-bills

Thanks in advance to any who can help.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
RE: if anyone's willing to help...
I promise you, if I wasn't buying a house this month, I would help. I'm so sorry about this boy, and I hope that the family gets some support to get through this. Fuck the health care system for making them have to worry about money at a time like this.
I'm sorry to hear this, TGB.  I have made a donation.

Sorry to hear such bad news, I will offer what I consider a donation even though most here will just laugh, I've already lifted up this young one and his family in pray, hoping for the best results.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Thank you for your donation.  Via the latest update, it appears that Brooke Meister would be appreciative of your prayer, so thank you, sir.

(July 14, 2018 at 12:32 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: Thank you for your donation.  Via the latest update, it appears that Brooke Meister would be appreciative of your prayer, so thank you, sir.

Not sure what you mean since you are not the OP and especially since the child's name is John. My wife is from a Meister family from Indianapolis, IN. I'll have to ask her if she know them.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
I attempted to make a small donation but was unable to. When I hit 'continue' it would not do so. I couldn't find any errors in the information I entered and nothing highlighted. I'll try again later.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(July 16, 2018 at 2:36 am)Godscreated Wrote:
(July 14, 2018 at 12:32 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: Thank you for your donation.  Via the latest update, it appears that Brooke Meister would be appreciative of your prayer, so thank you, sir.

Not sure what you mean since you are not the OP and especially since the child's name is John. My wife is from a Meister family from Indianapolis, IN. I'll have to ask her if she know them.

GC

He can see clearly what the family/fundraiser runners is posting about the situation. He's not being rude or sarcastic. He's honestly thanking you.
(July 16, 2018 at 2:36 am)Godscreated Wrote:

GC

Brooke, a christian, would be appreciative of your prayers. Her son, John, on the other hand... Maybe he's the type of atheist who would appreciate the thought behind you're gesture. I don't know since I've never discussed it with him.

For those who are interested. John seems to be responding to treatment. He hasn't regained full consciousness yet, but he's responding to outside stimulus now. He appears to be on the mend, but slowly.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
That's good news!

We're currently trying to be supportive of a family member whose best friend is in a similar state. We're unsure of how well she will recover. It's very difficult. We sympathize and hope for the best.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can anyone help? Cyberman 5 1256 April 29, 2012 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Shell B