Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone help?
Can anyone help?
I'm trying to put together an .srt subtitle file for the film "God OnTrial" that I posted a few days ago, for my Mum who is almost totally deaf and relies on them. Anyway, there's a scene towards the end, starting around the 1:20:00 mark, in which (spoiler) the inmates of the hut all start praying. Is there anyone who speaks Hebrew who can transcribe what they're saying? Not the English translation, just the words they're speaking. I'd be ever so grateful.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Can anyone help?
You might be able to find the transcription online.
I actually did look around online yesterday but all I found were transcribed interviews with the director and bible study sites banging on about trials and tribulations that God clearly had nothing to do with. Interestingly enough, I just dug around some more with different search criteria and found an actual timecoded transcript which, with a little work, will be ideal. Either I missed it initially or it wasn't returned in the search. Anyway, thanks for your indulgence. Wink

Can't wait to see my Mum's face when I'm done!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Good luck! I hope it works out well.
Thanks! I'm working off an .srt file I found online as a basis. Unfortunately, it has obviously been awkwardly translated from some other language - French, I think - into what appears on the face of it to be English, of sorts. The words are familiar, but the combinations of them are just weird. For example, a line such as "The scriptures wrapped their wings of quiet about us, and the world just went away" has been rendered as "The Scriptures wrapped its wings of quiet about us, and the world simply vanished". Makes for tough going.
Ick. Good luck.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  if anyone's willing to help... Ravenshire 13 1523 August 16, 2018 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Can anyone guess what this is? ignoramus 67 4573 June 29, 2018 at 1:09 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Can someone help me buy a DSLR? ErGingerbreadMandude 2 704 June 9, 2017 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Can Someone Help Me Find this Word? Rhondazvous 28 5431 February 19, 2017 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Can Anybody Help Me With Twitter? Rhondazvous 10 1501 April 24, 2016 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Can I get some help with school Heat 48 8036 December 21, 2015 at 6:29 am
Last Post: Alex K
  University transfer student, can you help me out GoHalos1993 2 825 December 10, 2015 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Can anyone relate? discipulus 139 11216 March 28, 2014 at 4:15 am
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  Can you help me with some primary research? Gooders1002 10 2407 December 12, 2013 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Can somebody who knows UK Business law help me? Gooders1002 7 1667 December 9, 2012 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002