Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay GOP, now is your time to shine and show how much you really love America
Okay GOP, now is your time to shine and show how much you really love America
Actions speak louder than words. This is their chance to finally make a move on this idiot and actually do something about his embarrassing press conference yesterday. You can condemn this stupidity all you want, but if you fail to take any action whatsoever you are complicit in all this. I mean, what would your God Ronald Regan have done? I imagine he would have shoved Putin's face in his balls over this. Why? Reagan wasn't a traitor. Yet, many of you in the GOP claim to love Reagan; you have given him a God status. Surprised he's not considered a saint to some. I don't agree with all of his policies, I'm just pointing out that the GOP has a chance to actually show what kind of Patriots they are constantly bragging about all the time that they are.

Remember, Russia didn't directly influence votes. However, they made a concentrated effort to influence our elections by weaponizing social media by spreading fake news. Literally. I think many people forget about that. Putin wants Russia to return to it's so called glory days of the USSR. It's not so much communism he likes, it's the concept of Russia being a dominant global super power. Just go read any book on Putin. That man is extremely evil. And I have known this since 2010 when I first started reading books about him. So I'm not one of those folk who are just realizing he's a bad guy. I read about how reporters and political foes would suddenly turn up missing or even worse dead. Putin wants to see the west fall, and he will do anything to stop it. I have no problem with maintain peace with Russia. But Trumps comment about how he'd rather have peace than play politics is so much fucking bullshit it breaks the bullshit meter. However, Putin is a threat to us and much of the west. How is it Trumpsters don't understand this? After all they are wrapping themselves around in the flag claiming to love America. Oh wait, never-mind...it's because "THE LIBTARDS ARE CRYING". And apparently that's all these people care about.
RE: Okay GOP, now is your time to shine and show how much you really love America
Could not agree more about Putin.  He exemplifies that element of the Russian psyche that hates - seriously, literally hates - NATO.  The alliance was formed for the main purpose of stopping Soviet expansion westward - Putin sees it as a limiting factor on the growth of Russian power and influence (he isn't wrong).

I remain amazed at the depth of Trump's ignorance of the fact that every time he slams NATO, Putin plans for Russian glory get a little stronger.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Okay GOP, now is your time to shine and show how much you really love America
I really don't get this tribal warfare - russias vs america. I guess, I'm too savage to understand it.

Did any of you with IT education even saw evidence??? Or you just believing?
(July 17, 2018 at 5:32 am)purplepurpose Wrote: I really don't get this tribal warfare - russias vs america. I guess, I'm too savage to understand it.

I'd suggest you read up on your history of U.S.-Russia/USSR relations over the last 100 years. Putin was a former KGB agent during the days of the USSR and the Cold War. Communism fell in the 90s causing Russia to become weaker and appear much weaker as well. However, during the time period of the early 90s to right about 2008 U.S.-Russia relations seemed to be improving. We were getting along and were wanting to work together to maintain world peace. However, the big problem is Vladmir Putin. He came to power in the early 2000s and has been their PM ever since. He wins elections with suspicious numbers (like winning over 85% of the vote). Now, for the last 10 years journalists who oppose Putin and Putin's political opponents have mysteriously disappeared or have been killed. It's obvious Putin is likely behind those incidents as well. He does not want to give up power. Why? He wants to return Russia to it's days of being a feared global super power. He wants NATO to become destabilized and also destabilize other nations such as the United States that are in the way of achieving this goal. And evidence?  There is plenty of evidence, several political sites have been created all traced to Russia in order to create more political friction. It doesn't really take someone in the IT field to figure this out. No one is arguing that Russia actually changed votes, but tried spreading fake news in order to influence an election. Putin was afraid of Hillary because she would have been very tough on him, and this was obvious since Russia annexed Crimea in 2014. So clearly Putin knows he can manipulate Trump. And that leads us to the 1 million dollar question: why? Why is Trump being manipulated so easily by Putin and Russian oligarchs? Obviously they have something incredibly damming on Trump or else t hey would not be able to control him life this. It also doesn't make sense because Russia has an economy about the size of the state of New York. The distrust of Russia with Americans is actually quite understandable especially before this election. Sure, as I said it got better when Clinton and Bush were in office, but things seemed to have fallen apart since Obama took office.
(July 17, 2018 at 5:52 am)Libertarian God Wrote:
(July 17, 2018 at 5:32 am)purplepurpose Wrote: I really don't get this tribal warfare - russias vs america. I guess, I'm too savage to understand it.

I'd suggest you read up on your history of U.S.-Russia/USSR relations over the last 100 years. Putin was a former KGB agent during the days of the USSR and the Cold War. Communism fell in the 90s causing Russia to become weaker and appear much weaker as well. However, during the time period of the early 90s to right about 2008 U.S.-Russia relations seemed to be improving. We were getting along and were wanting to work together to maintain world peace. However, the big problem is Vladmir Putin. He came to power in the early 2000s and has been their PM ever since. He wins elections with suspicious numbers (like winning over 85% of the vote). Now, for the last 10 years journalists who oppose Putin and Putin's political opponents have mysteriously disappeared or have been killed. It's obvious Putin is likely behind those incidents as well. He does not want to give up power. Why? He wants to return Russia to it's days of being a feared global super power. He wants NATO to become destabilized and also destabilize other nations such as the United States that are in the way of achieving this goal. And evidence?  There is plenty of evidence, several political sites have been created all traced to Russia in order to create more political friction. It doesn't really take someone in the IT field to figure this out. No one is arguing that Russia actually changed votes, but tried spreading fake news in order to influence an election. Putin was afraid of Hillary because she would have been very tough on him, and this was obvious since Russia annexed Crimea in 2014. So clearly Putin knows he can manipulate Trump. And that leads us to the 1 million dollar question: why? Why is Trump being manipulated so easily by Putin and Russian oligarchs? Obviously they have something incredibly damming on Trump or else t hey would not be able to control him life this. It also doesn't make sense because Russia has an economy about the size of the state of New York. The distrust of Russia with Americans is actually quite understandable especially before this election. Sure, as I said it got better when Clinton and Bush were in office, but things seemed to have fallen apart since Obama took office.

Putin can't even govern strong enough in his own country to build proper roads(I live near Russia). A lot of infrastructure in Russia as well as in my country, which was a soviet state, is from soviet times and is rotting. Russia don't care about your tribe and especially you when it's sits in shit.
(July 17, 2018 at 6:01 am)purplepurpose Wrote:
(July 17, 2018 at 5:52 am)Libertarian God Wrote: I'd suggest you read up on your history of U.S.-Russia/USSR relations over the last 100 years. Putin was a former KGB agent during the days of the USSR and the Cold War. Communism fell in the 90s causing Russia to become weaker and appear much weaker as well. However, during the time period of the early 90s to right about 2008 U.S.-Russia relations seemed to be improving. We were getting along and were wanting to work together to maintain world peace. However, the big problem is Vladmir Putin. He came to power in the early 2000s and has been their PM ever since. He wins elections with suspicious numbers (like winning over 85% of the vote). Now, for the last 10 years journalists who oppose Putin and Putin's political opponents have mysteriously disappeared or have been killed. It's obvious Putin is likely behind those incidents as well. He does not want to give up power. Why? He wants to return Russia to it's days of being a feared global super power. He wants NATO to become destabilized and also destabilize other nations such as the United States that are in the way of achieving this goal. And evidence?  There is plenty of evidence, several political sites have been created all traced to Russia in order to create more political friction. It doesn't really take someone in the IT field to figure this out. No one is arguing that Russia actually changed votes, but tried spreading fake news in order to influence an election. Putin was afraid of Hillary because she would have been very tough on him, and this was obvious since Russia annexed Crimea in 2014. So clearly Putin knows he can manipulate Trump. And that leads us to the 1 million dollar question: why? Why is Trump being manipulated so easily by Putin and Russian oligarchs? Obviously they have something incredibly damming on Trump or else t hey would not be able to control him life this. It also doesn't make sense because Russia has an economy about the size of the state of New York. The distrust of Russia with Americans is actually quite understandable especially before this election. Sure, as I said it got better when Clinton and Bush were in office, but things seemed to have fallen apart since Obama took office.

Putin can't even govern strong enough in his own country to build proper roads(I live near Russia). A lot of infrastructure in Russia as well as in my country, which was a soviet state, is from soviet times and is rotting. Russia don't care about your tribe and especially you when it's sits in shit.
I think you may have just accidentally answered your own question. Russia is falling apart economically and needs a way to get out. Putin has a vision for Russia of bringing it back to it's powerful state that was the Soviet Union all under his control. He will and is doing anything to expand Russia's power globally. Why do you think he buddies up with Syria and Iran? Answer: they have warm weather ports, something Russia lacks at the moment. This was another reason annexing Crimea was so important to him. For a good chunk of the year Russia's navel ports are iced in. However, even if the ports they have now such as Crimeia and Sochi they are still required to pass through waters that are controlled by other nations that oppose Russia and Putin. And a nation without a strong Navy cannot be a world power, history has demonstrated this over and over again. Again, Putin knows if he can blackmail the leader of the freeworld he can practically get whatever he wants, hence benefiting his country and himself.

As I said before, read up on history. You'd be surprised. It's not tribal, and it's not paranoia. It's a legitimate worry. Putin is trying to destabilize the west so he can move in and take over other nations, giving him more and more resources. If he can't govern properly, then why aren't voters in Russia aware of this, and why does he keep winning in landslides.
(July 17, 2018 at 6:09 am)Libertarian God Wrote:
(July 17, 2018 at 6:01 am)purplepurpose Wrote: Putin can't even govern strong enough in his own country to build proper roads(I live near Russia). A lot of infrastructure in Russia as well as in my country, which was a soviet state, is from soviet times and is rotting. Russia don't care about your tribe and especially you when it's sits in shit.
I think you may have just accidentally answered your own question. Russia is falling apart economically and needs a way to get out. Putin has a vision for Russia of bringing it back to it's powerful state that was the Soviet Union all under his control. He will and is doing anything to expand Russia's power globally. Why do you think he buddies up with Syria and Iran? Answer: they have warm weather ports, something Russia lacks at the moment. This was another reason annexing Crimea was so important to him. For a good chunk of the year Russia's navel ports are iced in. However, even if the ports they have now such as Crimeia and Sochi they are still required to pass through waters that are controlled by other nations that oppose Russia and Putin. And a nation without a strong Navy cannot be a world power, history has demonstrated this over and over again. Again, Putin knows if he can blackmail the leader of the freeworld he can practically get whatever he wants, hence benefiting his country and himself.

As I said before, read up on history. You'd be surprised. It's not tribal, and it's not paranoia. It's a legitimate worry. Putin is trying to destabilize the west so he can move in and take over other nations, giving him more and more resources. If he can't govern properly, then why aren't voters in Russia aware of this, and why does he keep winning in landslides.

It's noble to die for your tribe. I'm not in to that kind of stuff.
The GOP are old white cowards still bitter about Nixon and frightened now that they made the mistake of getting Nixon on meth elected.

(July 17, 2018 at 6:22 am)purplepurpose Wrote:
(July 17, 2018 at 6:09 am)Libertarian God Wrote: I think you may have just accidentally answered your own question. Russia is falling apart economically and needs a way to get out. Putin has a vision for Russia of bringing it back to it's powerful state that was the Soviet Union all under his control. He will and is doing anything to expand Russia's power globally. Why do you think he buddies up with Syria and Iran? Answer: they have warm weather ports, something Russia lacks at the moment. This was another reason annexing Crimea was so important to him. For a good chunk of the year Russia's navel ports are iced in. However, even if the ports they have now such as Crimeia and Sochi they are still required to pass through waters that are controlled by other nations that oppose Russia and Putin. And a nation without a strong Navy cannot be a world power, history has demonstrated this over and over again. Again, Putin knows if he can blackmail the leader of the freeworld he can practically get whatever he wants, hence benefiting his country and himself.

It's noble to die for your tribe. I'm not in to that kind of stuff.

This is an ignorant answer. Humans literally from an evolutionary standpoint have always competed for resources. But there is a huge difference between living under an oppressive state, and living in an open state. Now, I fucking take Trumps vile rhetoric personally. He has vilified my NON VIOLENT Hispanic neighbors, and he has attacked the press, and I had interned and worked in media myself.

Getting along would be wonderful. But no, the tug of war politically, should pull towards more open societies, not oppressive states. I don't like human tribalism either, but no, bending over to a dictator is not how you foster peace.

I am 51, I am old enough to remember the cold war, and fear of a global nuclear war. Putin is a product of Stalin's KGB, Stalin murdered millions of his own. Putin even today, murders political rivals and reporters. 

I think you need to understand the difference between the general population, and the powers that control that population. I won't vilify every individual whom lives in Russia, but Putin is still a dictator, and his population does not have the range of political and press freedom we do in the west. Trump insulted Merkel whom lived under the oppression of the former Soviet Union.

If you expect me to ignore bullies, and authoritarian states forget it.

Putin does not operate in freedom, he is a dictator.
(July 17, 2018 at 7:10 am)Brian37 Wrote: The GOP are old white cowards still bitter about Nixon and frightened now that they made the mistake of getting Nixon on meth elected.

(July 17, 2018 at 6:22 am)purplepurpose Wrote: It's noble to die for your tribe. I'm not in to that kind of stuff.

This is an ignorant answer. Humans literally from an evolutionary standpoint have always competed for resources. But there is a huge difference between living under an oppressive state, and living in an open state. Now, I fucking take Trumps vile rhetoric personally. He has vilified my NON VIOLENT Hispanic neighbors, and he has attacked the press, and I had interned and worked in media myself.

Getting along would be wonderful. But no, the tug of war politically, should pull towards more open societies, not oppressive states. I don't like human tribalism either, but no, bending over to a dictator is not how you foster peace.

I am 51, I am old enough to remember the cold war, and fear of a global nuclear war. Putin is a product of Stalin's KGB, Stalin murdered millions of his own. Putin even today, murders political rivals and reporters. 

I think you need to understand the difference between the general population, and the powers that control that population. I won't vilify every individual whom lives in Russia, but Putin is still a dictator, and his population does not have the range of political and press freedom we do in the west. Trump insulted Merkel whom lived under the oppression of the former Soviet Union.

If you expect me to ignore bullies, and authoritarian states forget it.

Putin does not operate in freedom, he is a dictator.

It's all propaganda nonsense that USA are the good guys when all tribe leaders do is to grab more resources for their own family and their tribes population. What Putin's gang does is nothing special.
Trumps motives are for the benefit of Trump, not the US, not the world. 

He sucks up to get a deal for himself. He berates and belittles then says I'll back off if I get a deal that will benefit Donny. 

It's all a twisted game with him winning for his benefit is the only thing that matters. If some people benefit, it's totally secondary to his ultimate goal.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Absurd GOP Foxaèr 2098 129254 April 21, 2024 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1017 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 10009 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  At what point is America no longer a safe place for me to live? TaraJo 41 3938 July 16, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 43 2831 June 30, 2022 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  America. Worse than North Korea. deepend 195 7576 March 26, 2022 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Can America ever truly pay for its sins? T.J. 111 7419 January 10, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1466 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Foxaèr 61 3122 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1152 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris