Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funeral mixture
Funeral mixture
I have been making arrangements for my mother's funeral and have just realised the mix of people in the limo that will follow the coffin, 3 atheists, 1 agnostic, 2 muslims and 1 christian. Not sure what that says about the family, but that's how it works out.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Funeral mixture
Sorry for your loss.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I echo Brian's words, Zebo.  And that is an interesting family.
(July 21, 2018 at 12:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I echo Brian's words, Zebo.  And that is an interesting family.

The 2 muslim guys are neigbours who visited every day when my mother was house bound, they helped around the house and with shopping, several times they helped when she had a fall and called the ambulance. (her so called "christian" neigbours never set foot in the house) As I live about 85 miles away they were a great help as you can imagine
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

As a wise man once said "with or without religion you will have good people doing good things........"

Thanks for making his point, again.
Condolences.

That's about the mix I'd expect in the UK.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funeral expenses Abaddon_ire 22 1438 October 21, 2020 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  How you would like to be described at your funeral. Cod 54 2975 May 4, 2019 at 7:55 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama