Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WAY TO GO RANDY MOSS!
WAY TO GO RANDY MOSS!
Randy wore a tie with the names of unarmed black victims of violence  during the Hall of Fame game coverage.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-to...ame-speech
RE: WAY TO GO RANDY MOSS!
OMG, what a hero. You wear that tie. For sure racial violence bt the police is coming to an end, Randy Moss wore a tie with names on it.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(September 19, 2018 at 10:52 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: OMG, what a hero. You wear that tie. For sure racial violence bt the police is coming to an end, Randy Moss wore a tie with names on it.

You don't think broader awareness of an issue can't ultimately push people to try and solve the issue?
Cops killing blacks is not an "issue" for them.
(September 19, 2018 at 10:53 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(September 19, 2018 at 10:52 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: OMG, what a hero. You wear that tie. For sure racial violence bt the police is coming to an end, Randy Moss wore a tie with names on it.

You don't think broader awareness of an issue can't ultimately push people to try and solve the issue?

I don't think wearing a tie does anything. I think the people who aren't aware there is a problem with racial prejudice and violence by the police against blacks, aren't going to be made aware by Randy Moss' tie.
The people who aren't "aware" of the problem are the Trumptards who think it is about the fucking anthem.

Their myopia is alarming but probably results from the fact that they and their kids are not the ones being shot.

It's called raising awareness. 

You know, just because you have a dick, doesn't mean you need to be a dick.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(September 19, 2018 at 11:42 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(September 19, 2018 at 10:53 am)Tiberius Wrote: You don't think broader awareness of an issue can't ultimately push people to try and solve the issue?

I don't think wearing a tie does anything. I think the people who aren't aware there is a problem with racial prejudice and violence by the police against blacks, aren't going to be made aware by Randy Moss' tie.

The tie caused a reporter to ask a question, which Randy Moss responded to. So the people who aren't aware were made aware. So yeah, wearing a tie did do something. It's also a respectful thing to do, not to make your entire Hall of Fame speech about something unrelated, but at the same time to have something symbolic there for someone to ask about later. The tie got coverage, I'd say it created a lot of awareness.
(September 20, 2018 at 11:25 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(September 19, 2018 at 11:42 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I don't think wearing a tie does anything. I think the people who aren't aware there is a problem with racial prejudice and violence by the police against blacks, aren't going to be made aware by Randy Moss' tie.

The tie caused a reporter to ask a question, which Randy Moss responded to. So the people who aren't aware were made aware. So yeah, wearing a tie did do something. It's also a respectful thing to do, not to make your entire Hall of Fame speech about something unrelated, but at the same time to have something symbolic there for someone to ask about later. The tie got coverage, I'd say it created a lot of awareness.

Haha. If people weren't aware from the Ferguson riots, blm, and the Trump presidency, kapernick, etc they are never going to be and certainly a single answer about a tie is not going to do it.

Everyone is aware of police violence against blacks. Raising awareness seems to be a code word for being righteous but not doing anything.

(September 20, 2018 at 6:43 am)Joods Wrote:

It's called raising awareness. 

You know, just because you have a dick, doesn't mean you need to be a dick.

Raising awareness is only important if it's something that people aren't aware of. Considering the major focus of the news involving the NFL last year was about police violence protests, I'd say everyone is aware of they are never going to be.

But I don't think wearing a tie does anything. This is just the real life version of changing your Facebook profile to fight cancer. Ie. Doing nothing.
Was probably more effective at getting the message out than kneeling for the anthem.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  They've Got A Long Way To Go Minimalist 8 962 July 27, 2016 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist