Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why God chose Abe
Why God chose Abe
Why God chose Abe to make him a patriarch? 

Why not choose some woman and make her a matriarch and Mother of many nations?
----
I have my own thoughts about it, but I got a date (and they hate when I come late)
I liked the parts where these old yahoodies tolchock each other and then drink their Hebrew vino, and getting onto the bed with their wives' handmaidens.
RE: Why God chose Abe
(August 5, 2018 at 12:35 pm)Graufreud Wrote: Why God chose Abe to make him a patriarch? 

----
I have my own thoughts about it, but I got a date (and they hate when I come late)

While in the west we argue Christianity the most, polytheism, which is far older, while it includes female deities, even most of those only serve to make the head god of that polytheism look good.

Casandra in Greek mythology, is an empathetic heroine. The mythology goes that she rebuffed Apollo's advances, and in turn he cursed her with the gift of prophecy, with one huge caveat. The caveat was that nobody would believe her until after it was too late. It is still a story that undermines female equality in favor of male dominance.

All the religions, including Buddhism, are patriarchal. Funny how there has never been a female Dali Lama.

Even with the Ancient Egyptians, you can point to Cleopatra, but again, even being a female head of state, the social norm was to only give that power to a female if there was no male born heir.

Humans back then, WORLDWIDE had no clue that females contributed half the DNA. Back then, they thought females were like fields the men planted seeds in. And also they had no evolutionary concept that brawn was not more important than nurture.
Because the bullshit was written by men with tiny dicks who had a severe inferiority complex.
(August 5, 2018 at 12:58 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Because the bullshit was written by men with tiny dicks who had a severe inferiority complex.

I wouldn't put it that way. Humans back then simply didn't know any better. Today however, it does look bad if a man, of any religion is still stuck in gender roles.
(August 5, 2018 at 12:35 pm)Graufreud Wrote: ----

Yeah, but they hate it when you cum early.

Thank you, folks.  I’m here all week.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
It's interesting to note that most women in the bible were defined by who they gave birth to, or who they were with. So the idea of any woman being all that special would be odd, with the possible exception of Mary, who may have had a miraculous conception where she was born without sin. Which of course brings up the question that, if god can just make people be born without sin, then why doesn't he just do that?

As for Abe, and not some other guy, I don't know. He may have been as made up as Moses most likely was.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(August 5, 2018 at 12:35 pm)Graufreud Wrote: Why God chose Abe to make him a patriarch? 

----

Did the prime minister of japan become a patriarch?

----

Because women don’t fuck sheep.
When I hear a woman complain about men, i just tell her we men, are all born out of women. Horrid fact.
(August 5, 2018 at 1:23 pm)LastPoet Wrote: When I hear a woman complain about men, i just tell her we men, are all born out of women. Horrid fact.

And we sincerely seek to atone and undo that by trying to get back into women for the rest of our lives.

----

Why do all your opening posts have to be read three times before they make sense?

And still make no sense.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why most arguments for God prove God. Mystic 67 8642 March 25, 2017 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Fred Hampton
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19372 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Why, why, why? Little Rik 39 11543 June 14, 2013 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Why This Preacher Chose 09.09.09 To Hijack A Plane... Retorth 14 4380 September 12, 2009 at 3:03 am
Last Post: theVOID