Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stan & Ollie
Stan & Ollie
[Image: stan-ollie-movie-poster.jpg]

As a lifelong fan of The Boys I've been following this for a while; let's just say it's a very long time since I've felt any anticipation for an upcoming film. Parts of it were filmed just up the road from me, in Dudley.

A shot of Coogan and Reilly in character recreating a scene from Way Out West has been released, and they look to be perfectly cast:

[Image: 2017-04-27-sao-1428.jpg?itok=7QUC5x6g]

I just hope the film itself shows as much sensitivity to accuracy.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Stan & Ollie
(August 7, 2018 at 9:44 pm)Cyberman Wrote: [Image: stan-ollie-movie-poster.jpg]

As a lifelong fan of The Boys I've been following this for a while; let's just say it's a very long time since I've felt any anticipation for an upcoming film. Parts of it were filmed just up the road from me, in Dudley.

A shot of Coogan and Reilly in character recreating a scene from Way Out West has been released, and they look to be perfectly cast:

[Image: 2017-04-27-sao-1428.jpg?itok=7QUC5x6g]

I just hope the film itself shows as much sensitivity to accuracy.

Holy crap!

I’d actually swear it was them!

No CGI?
Dying to live, living to die.
Only a few prosthetics on Reilly, far as I know.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
If Robert Downey Jr. could do a nigh-on perfect job as Charlie Chaplin, I should see no reason that Coogan and Reilly shouldn't do anywhere near as good a job as Laurel and Hardy. Hopefully, they'll at least put some work into recreating the voices. The only flaw with Downey's Chaplin was that the voice was a bit off (yes, I can tell.)
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Fun fact - Stan Laurel understudied Chaplin before the latter was nabbed by Sennett Studios.
I never realized how much John C. Reilly looked like Babe.  Eerie.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: giphy.gif]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 8, 2018 at 1:14 am)Cyberman Wrote: Fun fact - Stan Laurel understudied Chaplin before the latter was nabbed by Sennett Studios.

And when they were both touring with Fred Karno's music hall, Charlie used to play violin to cover up the sound of Stan cooking in their hotel rooms, which was apparently both strictly forbidden and the only option for them at that point.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RIP Stan Lee Rev. Rye 22 1272 November 13, 2018 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger